What's new

Up Pixar (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
For some reason WALL-E didn't wow me compared to the other PIXAR films. I liked the first act but the second act inside the spaceship with the humans did nothing for me.

If it had stayed on Earth, maybe I would have liked it more. The humans in the movie just throw me off.

Plus the fact that because WALL-E brings them a weed and the humans decide, lets go back to Earth, its back! But the place still looked like a toxic garbage dump.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
OMG that trailer is so cute! It definitely showed a lot more action and definitely more humor (Russell has the potential to be one of my favorite Pixar characters already, heehee) plus we finally get a little background and a peek at some other characters.

"Squirrel!" LOL

Thanks for posting!

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My faith in Pixar has returned. I took my daughter today, this is easily my second favorite Pixar film following behind the Toy Story films. Simply amazing, the opening sequence alone is one of the best openings in a film I've seen in a very, very long time. Loved it!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I saw this on Tuesday in 3D. A message was displayed to put on our glasses and then the previews started. No 3D and the images were doubled over, looking like the old 3D comic books. I asked someone in front of me if 3D was working for her and it wasn't. I saw someone leave the theater and come back shortly.

Then this dark film sweeps over the screen, darkening the whole image and bringing on the 3D which worked fine for the rest of show. I had always thought that 3D films were dark because of the glasses, but now it appears to me that they start dark on the screen and the glasses darken the image even more. As a result of this screw up I was more aware than any previous 3D movie that the film was dark. I also don't believe UP benefited very much from 3D. If I see it again, I will see it without the 3D.

Up is another wonderful film from Pixar. wonderful animation, excellent voice casting, and a great story. I was very moved by the opening sequence. For me, if the quality of the Pixar films was a financial graph, it would be almost flat at a very high level.

There was one of those non-preview previews of Toy Story 3 before the film. 3D was working by then. Woody and Buzz and other characters perform a skit about being excited about the new film, but no scenes from the film.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I saw this trailer before G-Force in 3D. This trailer looks great in 3-D. I can't wait 'til October. Heck, just being able to see Toy Story and Toy Story 2 at the theater again will be worth it, let alone 3-D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks