What's new

Up Pixar (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
With the release of Wall-E this weekend, I thought it was time to look at Pixar's next release Up which sounds like their most ambitious yet.

"Carl Fredricksen spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named Russell) gives him a new lease on life."

Pixar has yet to fail and even their lowest films (A Bug's Life, Cars) are better than other studio's best films.

- Up will be released May 29, 2009.

- Toy Story 3 is slated for June 18, 2010

- newt for Summer 2011
"Newt and Brooke live in a community college science lab and don't care for each other, yet as the last remaining blue-footed newts on the planet they are forced to mate to save the species."

- The Bear and the Bow for Christmas 2011
"In mythical Scotland, Merida wants to be an archer. Through her actions, she unwittingly sets in motion a chain of events that involves magic and an ancient curse that affect her father's kingdom."

- Cars 2 for Summer 2012

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Where's The Incredibles 2? There's a Pixar sequel that I want to see.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Not to sound morbid. But, I wonder if Paul Newman's character Doc Hudson will be in Cars 2? I know Mr.Newman's health is not great. And we sadly just lost George Carlin (Fillmore).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Cars, I gather, is getting a sequel in part because the merchandising on it was an incredible success.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I think Pixar would be happy to proceed with an Incredibles sequel but Brad Bird said he wouldn't attempt one until he knows he can make a great followup. Look how long it's taken for a Toy Story 3. As long as they produce quality work, I'll be happy to wait.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I'll see anything Pixar does at least once but, I don't like the sign that they maybe making a sequel to cash on more merchandising. Did they hire Lucas (sorry, couldn't resist)?

Seriously, I don't like the idea of Cars 2. It just doesn't interest me but, then again, I'm probably not the target audience. I would hate to see Pixar start making sequels just to cash in on something. That is why we have so many horrible straight to video sequels from Disney. I was skeptical about Toy Story 2 at first as well but, it is now my favorite Pixar movie so, as long as they have found a compelling story to tell I'll trust them. I have similar worries about Toy Story 3 but, we'll see what they come up with. I'm dying to see a second Incredibles movie though.

The Bear and the Bow sounds really interesting too me. Like classic Disney with a little Robin Hood mixed with Sword and the Stone.

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith

Right, I saw that quote too. However the bummer is how they ended the first movie, they totally left it open for a sequel if they wanted to. If Brad really put his mind to it I'm sure he could come up with SOMETHING!

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Is Brad Bird's 1906 project still a go, or is that going to be through someone other than Pixar (as it's live action)?

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Cars is my favorite Pixar flick followed by The Incredibles.

Guess it doesn't help much that I live muscle cars and like superhero movies lol.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

This is all too weird for me. It almost seems like the Toy Story movies are directed/marketed right at me. I was captivated altogether by the first film. Toy Story 2 became very significant for me as my own daughter was growing out of her childhood at the same time as Jesse's owner. I have told the story often here at the HTF that the only time I ever cried at the movies was during a Disney film--TS2.

And now...Toy Story 3, if the above synopsis is accurate, just as my own son Andy heads off to college.

Crazy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^On the DVD, I'm pretty sure that they talked about that as a story idea for either the original or the sequel. That doesn't mean that it's not accurate since they could have found a way to make that story work and be using it for the newest sequel.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like it could be a very emotional third film. Wasn't that a similar plot to The Brave Little Toaster which had John Lasseter and a few of the Pixar guys work on it?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

It was the original story treatment for the first Toy Story. And while it could work, I don't believe it. Andy is very important to the toys, and vice versa. Just giving them away to a nursery school? Makes Andy look like a bit of a bastard. I also heard this rumor that Hamm was the 'villain' in this one. Don't know if it's true, but it sounds interesting if he develops some nasty character traits.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

He sounds to me like a typical boy who's growing up. As the audience we perceive the toys as being alive but Andy's no different than Jessie's old owner was in Toy Story 2. If anything giving the toys to a nursery school is a good move because it means the toys will never lack for new owners.

I'm still waiting for Pixar to announce something serious about A Princess of Mars...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

it also could mean a emotional reunion with andy or maybe andy's children.

also from the first post, seems kinda odd to me to to make a refernce like,
"even their lowest films". not even sure what that means.

it appears as if this is part of the news of the future films then an opinion.

besides how can anyonesay there is a "lowest" pixar film.
there isn't a bad one in the group
seriously Bug's life was a remake of 7 Samurai, far from a low point.
Cars also is very good.
there isn't anything not to like about Cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks