What's new

Up Pixar (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Wall*E is definitely near the top of the list though."

I would place Wall*E along side The Incredibles and the 2 Toy Story films as the best from Pixar.

Just below would be Finding Nemo and Ratatouille.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oops. I misread.

I've found most of the other films lacking in comparison to the Toy Stories. Although I love Finding Nemo (blind bought it) and Wall*E was almost a classic in my book. The Incredibles wasn't as great as I was told but still darn fun. Monsters Inc was very good. A Bug's Life is just behind Antz for me...Woody Allen is just too good in that non-Pixar film. Cars was disappointing but I still liked it.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I just had visions of this being filed in the video store next to Russ Meyer's UP! and the resulting consumer confusion. But who am I kidding? Nobody stocks Russ Meyer's movies any more...

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Wow, that's a great trailer. The lifting of the house reminded me of the 'Crimson Permanent Assurance' short in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life. I just hope this isn't going to be the standard Pixar buddy movie we've already seen too much.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I will admit, as time has went by, and I've watched more and more films, I'm surprised how high "Toy Story 2" has lept up my charts of "Greatest Films of All time". Really, it's easily in my top five. Yes, the animation is nice, but it may have one of the most adult, thoughtful, heartwrenching love stories that almost every child and adult can relate to.

The first time I watched "TS2" I basically left the theater in tears. It was a strange experience, very few films do that to me. I mean, films that should do that to you can get me - I cried bitterly at "Schindler's List" but love stories normally get my attention and that's it. But TS2 is maybe the only film that everytime I watch it, from the time it was released to now, I have completely different thoughts in my life I relate to.

I think that's what people forget about Pixar. Everyone of their stories so far has been fantastically animated, but for the most part, they have a depth of story that I can watch them repeatedly. I feel pretty assured "Up" will follow in that legacy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup: Matt: I hope you saw my story in Post #15 of this thread...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

This has nothing to do with 'Up' in any way, but since Toy Story 2 did so much to you, what's your opinion of the story synopsis of Toy Story 3? I don't know how it's going to work, but after Woody being so passionate about Andy to just being abandoned by him hurts a little, I must say.

ErichH

Screenwriter

The buddy thing will be the 80yo guy and the 8yo kid.
We'll see where it goes. There are some screening reviews at AICN that give some insight to the story.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Brian: I've been thinking about this a lot (even since you first posed it earlier in this thread).

I guess I could see Woody being able to move on to another owner as long as he's got someone else who plays with and cares for him. Worked for Jessie (after all, Andy was a new owner for her). Plus, Woody had to deal with the addition of Buzz into his world and Andy's dog (successfully, I might add).

It might be a useful device to weave the universality of life-changes into the storyline. A good lesson for both kids and adults (and toys). Change is never easy...but it is inevitable. What's important is how we deal with it.

I hope the OP doesn't mind these side discussions on TS3...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To me, that's part of the message of the last scene in Toy Story 2. Woody says that he doesn't know what will happen in the future but whatever happens, he's going to have Buzz there to help him with it. Everything changes except their friendship.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to get back to talking about UP
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I think the trailer looked great and the story seems a little different - an 80 year old man and a 10 year old kid (as opposed to Toys, Cars, Rats and Robots). But there's no doubt that Pixar is great at building character relationships, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one develops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks