What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Richard V said:
Friday, March 8th - now that SAE have had a chance to process all the orders for CHRISTINE, as normally happens there are cancellations -- this means a limited quantity of CHRISTINE will be available again for sale. These will retail at the usual $29.95 and will be limited to one copy per customer. Also, we are very pleased to announce that actor / director Keith Gordon will be signing a limited quantity of promotional copies. The autographed copies will be given away FREE to any customer who purchases $100 dollars worth or more, of TT product. ($100 dollars equals one free copy, $200 dollars equals 2 free copies and so on.) Both the signed and unsigned regular retail copies will go up at 4 pm EST. (Set your alarm clocks!) So, if I understand this correctly, is the deal that if I purchase $100.00 of TT blurays, DVD's, CD soundtracks, etc. then a "reserved" copy of Christine will be awarded at no cost, OR if I order Christine AND several other items totalling $100.00 then the Christine will be at no cost? :confused:
Exactly what I was wondering.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I'm not sure we understand the confusion here, but I will try to clarify further: On Friday, March 8th there will be a limited quantity of CHRISTINE blu-rays for sale at the regular price of $29.95 (limited to one per customer.) Additionally, there will be a limited quantity of CHRISTINE Blu-rays signed by actor Keith Gordon. If you want a signed copy you will get one FREE by purchasing $100 worth or more of TT product. That means Twilight Time Blu-rays or DVDs - there are no CDs on the Twilight Time label. So for those folk primarily interested in CHRISTINE -- you have a clear choice - either go for a regular one at $29.95 or shoot for a free signed copy by taking advantage of the $100 promotion. SAE regularly runs these kind of promotions and you should be punctually on their site at 4 pm EST because all available copies of CHRISTINE both signed, and unsigned, will likely be gone in a matter of minutes. Hope this clears things up.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
For TT: Is it the time the TT items totaling $100 or more are added to the cart, or the final checkout time (after shipping option is selected, and credit card # is added) that determines whether or not a free bonus autographed copy of Christine is awarded? For instance, on March 8th at 3:55PM I add 4 TT blu rays to my cart (none of which are Christine). They total over $100. I proceed to checkout, select shipping method, add cc #, and press the final commit button at 4:01PM. Would that be correct, and get me the free bonus?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Originally Posted by Reed Grele
For TT:
Is it the time the TT items totaling $100 or more are added to the cart, or the final checkout time (after shipping option is selected, and credit card # is added) that determines whether or not a free bonus autographed copy of Christine is awarded?
For instance, on March 8th at 3:55PM I add 4 TT blu rays to my cart (none of which are Christine). They total over $100. I proceed to checkout, select shipping method, add cc #, and press the final commit button at 4:01PM. Would that be correct, and get me the free bonus?
This would be a question for SAE - you can reach them at [email protected]

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Inspired by the 3D tidbit about next year, a friend compiled a list of Sony/Fox possibilities that would fit the bill. Drums of Tahiti (Columbia, 1954) Fort Ti (Columbia, 1953) Gorilla at Large (20th Century Fox, 1954) Gun Fury (Columbia, 1953) Inferno (20th Century Fox, 1953) The Mad Magician (Columbia, 1954) Man in the Dark (Columbia, 1953) Miss Sadie Thompson (Columbia, 1953) The Stranger Wore a Gun (Columbia, 1954)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Originally Posted by BPullen
Inspired by the 3D tidbit about next year, a friend compiled a list of Sony/Fox possibilities that would fit the bill.
Drums of Tahiti (Columbia, 1954)
Fort Ti (Columbia, 1953)
Gorilla at Large (20th Century Fox, 1954)
Gun Fury (Columbia, 1953)
Inferno (20th Century Fox, 1953)
The Mad Magician (Columbia, 1954)
Man in the Dark (Columbia, 1953)
Miss Sadie Thompson (Columbia, 1953)
The Stranger Wore a Gun (Columbia, 1954)
I would buy any and all of these titles in 3-D when released.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Keith Cobby said:
I am in for Gorilla at Large, The Mad Magician, and Rhonda Fleming in 3-D. It might make me upgrade my plasma to 3-D!
Even-money bets say it's PROBABLY going to be the Mad Magician, because TT realistically doesn't studio-remaster the 3D titles themselves, and Sony already has the print available on PSN. (Which should save me $30...Oh, wait, this is TT, it's going to be more of a lateral move.) Still, wouldn't mind Gorilla at Large at some point. I remember it was....okay when they aired the Anamorphic version on TV in the 80's, but how could you not sell a Golden Age 50's movie with a title like that? :cool:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
You left out two Columbia features and three shorts: THE NEBRASKAN JESSE JAMES VS. THE DALTONS SPOOKS PARDON MY BACKFIRE DOWN THE HATCH www.3dfilmarchive.com

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Twilight Time might want to consider starting a signature 3-D Classics line. Since 3-D is in and of itself a star attraction, Columbia's (and Fox) classic 3-D titles would sell very quickly, not just to the fans of the films but to the 3-D Collectors. Money burns a hole in my pocket for Columbia 3-D blu-ray.

Real Name
Wilbur Post
Powell&Pressburger said:
Someone posted days back they believed it would be $34.99 I could be wrong however. 
Thanks, P&P. Sounds about right. Hate to see it go any higher than that.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
What about 13 GHOSTS by William Castle? MAN IN THE DARK is being screened in 3-D in Seattle next week.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I think that INFERNO is the Seattle co-feature with MAN IN THE DARK. It's a one-night double-bill being presented by the Film Noir Forum (?) and Eddie "Czar of Noir" Muller. I'll try to attend it if I'm in town that night.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ejanss said:
Still, wouldn't mind Gorilla at Large at some point. I remember it was....okay when they aired the Anamorphic version on TV in the 80's, but how could you not sell a Golden Age 50's movie with a title like that? :cool:
Anaglyph version. I remember those broadcast. Looked terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks