Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    THE FURY (1978) BLU-RAY - March 12th

CHRISTINE (1983) BLU-RAY - March 12th

THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - April 9th

MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) BLU-RAY (2-disc set) - April 9th

2. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I'm in for all 4. Glad to see Major Dundee finally made it.

3. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    So far I haven't been enticed by Twilight Time's prices and lack of extras, but I might finally give for The Fury - a personal favorite!

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'll definitely pick up Christine.

5. haineshisway

haineshisway Producer

Bruce
    I don't know - I've got a check disc of Our Man Flint here and it is LOADED with extras. The times they are a'changin'. Lost Horizon has extras. But in the end are you buying extras or movies? For me, it's the movies - the extras I barely have time for.

6. David_B_K

David_B_K Advanced Member

David
    I'll be falling in behind the Major.

7. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Both Lost Horizon and Our Man Flint have the extra features ported from the previous DVD. The extras on TT pretty much depend on whether the previous DVD had them. It's not that important really since the majority of studio releases don't make additional new feature for the blu-ray release much these days (the recent Hitchcock and Bond collections being pretty good examples.)

8. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    Good to know that Twilight Time is upping the ante on their editions!
    I wondered if they would use the extras from the DVD of The Fury, but just checked it out - "Trailer, stills gallery, interactive menus, scene selection." In other words, zip. For some reason I thought there was quite a bit on the DVD!
    Will happily upgrade this movie if the transfer is up to snuff!

9. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    Ron what are the next two months I have not read what they shall be. I loved the restoration on Ranchipur I am very upset over The Song of Bernadette which Fox should have put out. I have read the book many times and watch the movie ever year at Easter. I love Twilight and I want the film in HD so why the complaint? I just feel like Scrooge tonight. I noticed a muffled noise at the start of the credits in Beloved Infidel or was that me?

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The Song of Bernadette will be my first Twilight Time purchase. Amazing film.

11. bujaki

bujaki Screenwriter

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    The Oscar-winning, B&W cinematography of The Song of Bernadette by the great Arthur Miller should shine in TT's BD, if Swamp Water is any indication of the quality of the transfer. I am not a religious person, and yet this beautiful film, so sensitively directed by Henry King, and acted with such sincerity by an inspired cast, almost turns me into a believer. I was lucky to have seen this film in a nitrate 35mm archive print at MOMA, and I can attest to its physical beauty. If TT can surpass it with their transfer, we're in for a very special treat.

12. Mark Collins

Mark
    I can remember when I first saw it on ABC Sunday Night at the Movies as a kid a Christmas. Great movie!!!!!!!!!! I have a few Twilight movies and so far cannot complain. My Cousin Rachel is the only other B/W I have from them and that is DVD. I do not have a BD so this will be my first. I had hoped for Id Climb the Highest Mountain and Presdents Lady plus Young Abe Lincoln. Have the next 2 month titles been released and what are they?

13. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    The Song of Bernadette is a must buy for me. i wonder if TT will manage to get the original roadshow version with Overture and Intermission?

14. BJQ1972

BJQ1972 Stunt Coordinator

Barrie Quinn
    Me too. I will have to stock up on tissues.

15. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Love Christine and would blind buy the Fury since I'm getting a DePalma jones. Not sure it's worth Twilight Time pricing though... pity.

16. Mark Collins

Mark
    I would love to get The Song of Bernadette before Easter and put away my DVD. Sales would be very strong for it I should think. Easter is early this year too. I sure would be willing to wait for some of the titles I have down if a switch could be made with one of them. But release dates I am sure are hard to change. I can dream though can I not.

17. bujaki

bujaki Screenwriter

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    Douglas R,
    I hope they do find the overture, etc., to Song of Bernadette. I don't recall it being in the archive print I saw.

18. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Not thrilled with upcoming Fox Titles.
    I am into the Fox scope stereo movies. Hardly any are being releases
    the Fox MOD program has titles of the right era, but mostly pan scan. What a wasted
    oportunity!!!
    For Foxs own blu rays, they mostly announced black and white films, and so far I can't see the pint of buying hi def black and white.
    Song of Bernadette looks gret n the regular Fox dvd. It could using a better sounding track, made from an original nitrate print., But I doubt we are going to get that.
    While benadette had Overture and exit music, it was NOT a roadshow with intermission, even thought Fox originally intended one..

19. Mark Collins

Mark
    I have the first VHS copy put out and it cost 40 dollars. I bought it at Suncoast Video years ago. I then waited and we received the DVD before Christmas as I remember. I watched extras last year again. I would go without them to get this movie. The film at the end I believe shows Bernadette becoming a Saint in Rome in real life. Please correct me someone if I am wrong. I know there are many many fans of this film and that was why I was surprised that Fox was not putting it out. Hey that is OK by me!!!!!! TT is doing it and thank you to them!!!!!!!

20. BJQ1972

BJQ1972 Stunt Coordinator

Barrie Quinn
    I'm normally in floods of tears at the end, so may have missed that. I had never realised how soon after her canonisation this film was made. To me she has always been St Bernadette.