Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Derrick King

Derrick King Supporting Actor

I don't know, Joe. Cliff's comment was in relation to any Sony owned horror films joining the Scream Factory line.

2. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    When TT mentioned special features in regards to Sony, it wasn't that they were prohibited, it was that anything they created would then be owned by Sony so it wasn't worth making things they would then lose the rights to, unlike Criterion who retains ownership of their supplements and have been able to leverage that into some deals with Studios in the past who wanted access to them

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    So my package arrived with Christine. I paid for the extra shipping to arrive in Canada with a traceable bill of lading in the hopes it would have a better chance of arriving safe and sound. I ended up having to pay my letter carrier an extra $16 at the door on top of what Screen Archives charged me. So between their business model and now this I will never buy from them again. It's just stupid all around and has left a bad taste in my mouth. I can order from Amazon.com, Movies Unlimited, Criterion, and numerous other non-DVD places and not have to pay duty at the door, it's ridiculous that this company can't get it together.

4. John Weller

John Weller Stunt Coordinator

Mine hasn't arrived yet...

5. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Mine hasn't shipped yet (still in Pending status).
    I'm assuming that one of the other titles in the order has tied it up for some reason.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Not sure how much solace this is but that price still beats the $90 to $100 that scalpers are charging for it on eBay.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    It's mostly irrelevant since I would never pay that. I lucked out and was able to get a favourite film of mine (Christine) and I added a couple of other titles that were in stock (not other favourties like "Night of the Living Dead" and "Fright Night" obviously). They have some upcoming announcements I would of got (Major Dundee, The Driver, Philadelphia), but not now. I'll give my money to Criterion, Shout, Vinegar Syndrome and other companies that support niche films with the respect they deserve. (I guess Philadelphia is a niche film now...)
    The ebay factor is one of the reason I'm critical of this program and will choose not to support it. I'm fine with laying any blame necessary on the studios involved like Fox and Sony for providing material for the program in the first place.

8. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    Reminder - MAJOR DUNDEE and AT LONG LAST LOVE should go up for pre-order this afternoon.Edit: Only MAJOR DUNDEE up today!

Attached Files:

lukejosephchung likes this.
  9. Rob W

Rob W Supporting Actor

Robert
    I'm at a loss to understand how Screen Archives can be blamed because Canada Customs nicked you for duty. It was likely because of the traceable bill which registered the package in an internal system . I don't believe any of the other companies you regularly order from have this tracing option, so why were you unusually concerned that this order might not arrive without a back up tracking number ?

10. moviepas

moviepas Second Unit

So between their business model and now this I will never buy from them again. It's just stupid all around and has left a bad taste in my mouth. I can order from Amazon.com, Movies Unlimited, Criterion, and numerous other non-DVD places and not have to pay duty at the door, it's ridiculous that this company can't get it together.

At least you got Christine. All my efforts with finger poised came to nought.

11. Jobla

Jobla Supporting Actor

Hopefully this won't occur again.

12. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Second Unit

Joshua
    Looking forward to Major Dundee on blu-ray--I think this is only the third (or fourth?) Peckinpah film to make it to blu-ray.

13. JohnWeller

JohnWeller Auditioning

John
    I had the same experience: paid extra just to ensue it got there (they won't replace otherwise) and got a customs charge.
    Well, no more Twlight time for me.

14. Robin9

Robin9 Cinematographer

Robin
    Would it not be more constructive simply not to pay the extra charge?

15. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Screenwriter

Koroush Ghazi
    I stopped paying that extra charge to SAE a while ago. I've never had a Blu-ray sent from overseas go missing, the chances of it happening with SAE is minimal. Also, the extra charge isn't meant to be some sort of fee to get VIP treatment. It doesn't ensure your order will be sent any quicker, any better packed, or anything else like that. It's just insurance, and frankly if you're only ordering one or two TT movies at a time, it adds far too much to the overall cost to be viable, especially for overseas orders.

16. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    Agreed. No point paying extra (as I've said before). My copy of SONG OF BERNADETTE sent standard mail from SAE arrived in UK in just 4 days - and with no Customs charges.

17. JohnWeller

JohnWeller Auditioning

John
    Well if I ever order again, I'll take your advice and skip the extra charge.

18. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    2015 is the 30th anniversary of Fright Night, i bet Sony/Columbia release it again then since it was a popular title that sold out for Twilight Time and the rights may revert back to Columbia for 2015, they might even put out a 4K edition then if they start to push 4K.

19. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I usually don't pay extra shipping either, but have had packages go missing from both large and small companies. They've been great with sending out replacements.The reason I chose the extra shipping from Screen Archives was due to their idiotic limit edition status of popular genre titles like "Christine". I knew that if my copy of Christine went missing there would be no replacement to be sent out.If I pay extra shipping with a trackable bill of lading from Amazon I'm not charged extra at the door. Same with other outfits. That's why this Screen Archives deal is an extra kick in the nuts. It's also why I will not purchase from them again regardless of the titles they offer in the future.