What's new

TV SERIES WE NEED TO SEE on DVD (1 Viewer)

Daniel W

Agent
Although mentioned a couple of times already, count me as another St. Elsewhere supporter. I'm always amazed when reading these types of threads at just how little love this show seems to get. IMO, St. Elsewhere was to hospital dramas what Homicide was to police shows. The show had it all: a stellar cast, engaging characters, and terrffic writing (always seemed to find the perfect balance of drama and quircky comedy). Unfortunately, for one reason or another, St. Elsewhere seems to be a forgotten gem. I can only hope that one day it will follow in Homicide's footsteps and squeak out some kind of release.

On another note:

I'd like to add NoWhere Man to the list. Loved that show - always kept you off balance and Bruce Greenwood was great as Thomas Veil.
What he said.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Central Park West ( Madchen Amick, Justin Lazard, Mariel Hemingway, Lauren Hutton, John Barrowman )
Relativity ( Lisa Edelstein, Jane Adams, Adam Goldberg )
Trinity ( Kim Raver, Bonnie Hunt, Tate Donavan, John Spencer )

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
This is my list of what I NEED on DVD.

Bewitched - complete season sets, preferably with restored sponsor openings, cast commercials, and tons of extras. I know it's coming in 2005 but I want it now!

I Dream of Jeannie - see description for Bewitched.

The Munsters - this show is seriously so funny.

The Addams Family

Sabrina the Teenage Witch - I'm a sucker for witches......

ALF

Mama's Family - I noticed while reading through the thread there was at least one other person that wanted this...

Muppets Tonight - this Muppet series gave us one of the greatest new Muppet characters of all time, okay - Pepe!

Grant Beaudette

Auditioning
I'll keep my own list short:

Max Headroom. It's be nice to finally get all the episode in high quality so I can trash my tapes and avi files once and for all.

Andy Richter Controls the Universe. Great show. It'd only take couple discs to get them all, including the six episodes that never aired.

Titus. My all time favorite comedy. I'd kill to get Titus on DVD. Though it might take more than one set. 54 episodes is a lot to get in one package.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the Keen Eddie DVDs that are apparently stilll in the works.

Guy_Uhler

Grip
There are so many tv show box sets that I can't wait for, but the ones that I'm not sure will be released are below:

Popular( a extremely exagerated tale about life in high school. It lasted about 2 seasons and left us on a HUGE cliffhanger.)

Thundercats

Pary of Five

Grosse Point

Boy Meets World

Birds of Prey

Batman(the original tv series)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Holy Yagga Zoo-zee! David*P lists "Bewitched" as his most-wanted series!! I never would have guessed that development!!! :) :D

Just kiddin', ya, David. :) I see by your Profile that you are a Bewitched collector.

Do you, by chance, David, have all of the Columbia House VHS Bewitched volumes?? I think there were 23 (approx.).

I had all 20+ of those C.H. tapes (with 4 shows per tape); but was severely disappointed by the LACK of Paul Lynde/Uncle Arthur episodes contained therein. Only 2 episodes featuring the hilarious Lynde, out of all those tapes! Disgraceful
IMO! :frowning:

Speaking of Bewitched .... I recently watched a tape of old TV Commercials and saw a really cool-looking original TV Promo ad for Bewitched (about 3-4 minutes long I think), which showed the crew filming on the streets of Salem, Massachusetts, and urging viewers to tune in to the new season of the show, part of which was filmed right in the witch Capital of the world -- Salem. Pretty neat. Do you have that ad, David*P? That item would be a nice little extra bonus to place on any future DVD boxed set of the series.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So David VP, are you a Bewitched fan too?

I do have all the CH tapes. There are 20 plus the tapes that could be bought at the store that look like TV dinners and the holiday themed ones.

I do have that Salem ad plus others on tape. Which is why I want them on DVD, because, if they are cool on tape I'm sure they'd be much cooler on DVD.

And all the tapes I have I want to get rid of when the DVDs come out. My tape collection has become a nightmare!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I do have all the CH tapes. There are 20 plus the tapes that could be bought at the store that look like TV dinners and the holiday themed ones.
Yes, I have the debut "TV Dinner" style VHS as well (via the "Screen Gems" logo art). The Screen Gems "I Dream Of Jeannie's" are good too.

Just re-checked my records of tapes sold off ---- I stand corrected. There weren't 20+ CH volumes. I had 19 total. You must've gotten a bonus 20th tape that I never did get.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Paul Lynde was hilarious especially in that first episode of his when he was Harold Harold.

Yes, I view Dick Sargent as Samantha's second husband. There are a few good episodes from his years but not the brilliancy of the Dick York years in the least.

I also have the IDOJ tapes as well. I essentially want IDOJ on DVD as much as Bewitched but when push comes to shove I NEED Bewitched on DVD before anything else:)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"Yagga Zoo-zee ... Yagga Zoo-zee ... Yagga Zoo-zee ... Zim!! .....

"Zoo-ma, Hoo-ga, Pitts!!"
:laugh: -- One of the funniest shows ever.

"With cowbells!!!!!!" :laugh:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
"The Joker is a Card" from season 2, one of the best BW (Bewitched) episodes ever!

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Here is my off the top of my head list, as uncut season sets, of course.

(In no particular order)

Airwolf
Wild Wild West
Black Sheep Squadron / Baa Baa Black Sheep
Greatest American Hero
Magnum PI
Adventures of Brisco County Jr
Max Headroom
Hypernauts
Quark (laugh if you must...)
The Flash
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Jack of All Trades
Night Court
Alien Nation (including telefilms)
Dinosaurs
Charmed
Wizards and Warriors
Danger Mouse
Tick (animated)
Gargoyles

Jimmy!

Rodrick

Second Unit
THE FALL GUY
MR BELVEDERE
FULL HOUSE
MATT HOUSTON
PARADISE/GUNS OF PARADISE
BAD NEWS BEARS
THE MIGHTY DUCKS THE SERIES
SECOND NOAH
STEP BY STEP

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my list. I would sure hope to have them be uncut, original episodes, and in season sets. I'm not picky at all. :D

MacGyver
John Doe
Nash Bridges
Early Edition
JAG

I'd also like to see the short lived "Hope Island" on DVD. Also, The Red Green Show (in season sets, not those "best of" ones they have out now).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks