What's new

Trying to build a budget HT system... (1 Viewer)

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
I have about a $1500 budget on what I want to set up.

Now first off this is going to be in a bedroom and not a living room or basement or anything like that. The room itself isn't that large, so I can't clutter it so to say.

I don't want to go with a HTIB unless necessary, but I don't have 3000$ to drop on a system. This is basically a starter system that will eventually grow out once I move out of this house and get married.

Can anyone point me in a direction or give me some suggestions? I need a receiver and speakers obviously, but not sure if I should go with a 5.1 setup since the room is so small. I think a 6.1 or 7.1 setup may be too much for this small of a room.

Any guidance/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I think you should order the new SVS 5.1 system for $899.

Honestly, I just want you to order it so you can let us all know what they sound like, but I'd be willing to bet they're as good as anything else you're going to find for $899. Then I would pickup the Harmon Kardon AVR-335 for about $450. It'd probably make a sweet system, but the SVS speakers are brand new, so there's not much to go on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks