What's new

Toshiba offering $100 instant rebates on HD DVD players (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am waiting for a combo player in my main media center (will replace a 360 add on, but I will be taking the plunge to put on in the bedroom.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
This was good enough for me. I placed an order yesterday for an HDMI cable from Monoprice. By this time next week I fully plan to have my new HD-A2 setup and going. :D

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Here is what Value Electronics came up with:
A2 for $299, + free HDMI cable, T shirt, and 5 free HD DVDs (in addition to the 5 from Toshiba!) They are:

HD Scapes Sampler, Value $6 Antarctica, Value $21.99 Salt Water Aquarium, Value $21.99 HD DVD Digital Video Essentials, Value $23.99 And any other HD DVD title you like from our $21.99 collection of over 200 titles to choose from

If those don't float your boat, you can take any three $21.99 titles you want from VE, plus you still get the 5 discs from Toshiba (via mail).

Not bad.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Not bad....but I wish the instant rebate really went toward the player. This would be a HOME RUN for HD DVD instead of a single. The player is already under $300 most places.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I understand the restrictions a dealer has to work with, but must admit to being somewhat disappointed. I'd have much rather had a lower priced machine than the bonus discs, the first three of which do absolutely nothing for me.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I agree Tim, it would be nice if it was taken right off the player, but at least Robert has figured out a way to give us something in light of the restrictions on the rebate offer.
Bleddyn, if the VE included discs don't do anything for you, you can pass on them and take any three you want off the $21.99 list (a lot to choose from).

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Adam, I realized that this morning - this was exactly what I did, and placed an order with VE!

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
Toshiba isn't doing much for its canadian customers, but they are packing 3 movies in with units now. My local a/v dealer now had his existing stock stuffed with the movies and a little sticker added to the box.

The three movies were The Perfect Storm, Black Rain, and The Fast and the Furious: Toyko Drift.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Michael, when you fill in your details, there is a comments box at the bottom. You put your choices there.

mraw

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
Has anyone attempted this offer at Amazon.com? I'm wondering if there is a coupon code that you have to type in or if it is an automatic rebate...

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I've used Value Electronics in the past. It didn't go well, but Robert went above and beyond to make sure I eventually walked away satisfied. So I'm a very happy Value Electronics customer and would be happy to use them in the future.

But I just couldn't pass on the $250 deal at CostCo. I saw the price and owned one about 20 minutes later. And I'm tickled pink at this point! It's so nice to finally be able to put my new 1080p set full use. Up to this point the only HD I'd seen on it was OTA broadcasts.

Of course this upgrade is also forcing me to upgrade my old, crappy, 5 year old receiver much sooner than I had originally planned. My current receiver doesn't decode DTS tracks, so at this point I'm stuck with 2.0 sound. :frowning:

But I'm hoping to pick up a new receiver (a decent one this time around) in the next few weeks.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Robert, in the press release it states from June 10-16 the 100$ rebate can be applied to ANY Toshiba player. My question is, will you have a deal for the HD-XA2?

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
If I ordered from Value Electronics and chose Trading Places as a free movie, would my entire order be held until June 5 when the movie is released?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks