What's new

Toshiba HD-A2 - $98.87 @ WalMart! (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
WalMart has really gotten behind HD DVD with their Toshiba-specific television ads promoting HD DVD! The ads talk about how incredibly inexpensive the Toshiba players are at WalMart. Well, they've put their prices where their mouths are at!

Friday, November 2 - Toshiba HD-A2 for $98.87 at WalMart!

http://holiday.ri-walmart.com/?section=secret

Absolutely amazing!

BTW, there was a story way back in April about how WalMart was planning to purchase 2 million HD DVD players for Christmas and sell them really cheap! I'm not sure how many HD-A2s WalMart bought but, given the TV commercial which a WalMart insider has said will run for the next two months, it is likely that WalMart will be buying even more HD DVD players in the coming weeks!

Mark

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I snagged one of these this morning. They had 9 units to sell. I got there about 5 before 8 & was 3rd in line. I hadn't planned on jumping in yet, but at this price I couldn't resist.

-Dave

Dan DRC

Stunt Coordinator
Scored one at 7:45 this morning, was'nt sure if they would ring up early but there wasnt any problems. This is a store that normally doesnt have any HD players in stock and they had 20 units. I really wasnt ready to commit in the format war but at this price even if HDDVD looses I still will have a decent SD player.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
The Wal Mart in Stafford, VA, sold 30 of these before noon today. My wife went at 11:30 to try to pick one up as a gift for her parents (they just got an HDTV) but they were sold out already.

She did pick up the Blood Diamond HD-DVD for $15.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I picked one up at 7:15 this morning.

I'm going to sell my Xbox360 HD-DVD player for (hopefully) $100.

Now I'll be at a wash money wise and be left with a better and quieter HD-DVD player + 5 free movies whenever Toshiba decides to mail them out. Good deal for me!!!

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
At $98 from Walmart I finally picked up my first HD DVD player! I can now finally watch HD DVD movies. Who needs Blue ray!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I got one as well. Even if HD DVD fails, I got a $99 upconverting player. Convienently thats the same thing that Universal's Vp said :)

Craig

Second Unit
Wow, as the British lady who works in my office would say, Walmart (and Toshiba) certainly set the cat among the pigeons today! Kind of reminds me of the old days when everyone was excited about the latest development in home theater.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
One of my local Wal Mart stores still had a dozen about a half hour ago. They've only sold 3 since Friday. If I had the disposable cash I'd buy one for the bedroom.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I went last night and the clerk said they just sold one - I assume it was the only one they had. He said he expects them to be on sale in November and December again.

I hope so. ;0

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to pick up a $98.00 HD-A2 at Walmart friday night.
(Drove from Toronto to Buffalo with two friends and we each bought one)
Like others have mentioned its a great SD player at this price. HD-DVD is a bonus
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Transformers was STUNNING last night!
(well worth the drive!!)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I went back to WalMart yesterday and the tall end display of A2s was sold out. The price card was still on the top of the end cap, but they had Canon printers there now. I asked to see if they got moved and the guy told me they were sold out. Went quick i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks