What's new

TNA Impact! (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The only real way people will hear about a show is from the Internet. Those people who will have heard about Christian on Impact, should have heard about his debut at Genesis.

I just hope Spike sticks with TNA as long as possible. The next primetime special will be really important.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

If this is true, then TNA is already screwed, because the people on the internet are the one's that already know about TNA. The percentage of wrestling fans that care enough to look for things on the internet is probably something like 10% of wrestling fans overall.

I on the other hand still believe in things like strong word of mouth and good advertising, which means that you advertise your show on other shows with the same target audience and go beyond just your network.

But if the internet were the be-all and end-all of the TNA audience then this company is fucked.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Watched most of iMPACT last night and what I saw was good. I didn't see the main event silliness however, will catch it on the replay.

4 Live Krew? 1 more guy to hate. They need to get Ron Killings as far away from that as possible.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It was another good show.

None of the matches were that good but they had a lot of energy unlike two weeks ago.

Konan was really funny on the mic.

At least the 4 Live Kru angle is over... I think.

Main event was pretty fun. Kip James seems a lot better in the ring than he was in WWE.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I thought Styles/Sabbin was a pretty good match.

The 4 Live Krew angle is not over, and I know this because TNA doesn't like me enough for this to be the end.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Funny way to rip-off Dave Chappelle: "I'm Kip James, Bitch!".

Seems to be they're going to run with this 4 Live Krew angle for a while unless I missed something.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
To make up for time, and for the fact that posts got deleted.

1. Last Saturday's impact was ok, but not great. The same can be said for the special tonight.
2. The rating was a 0.8 but they had their second best audience in key demographics.
3. The special tonight, with the White Sox angle was not a bad special at all...really ordinary outside of the big angle.
4. Turning Point should be good.
5. Chris Kanyon will appear Sunday at the PPV

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The show was alright, a little sloppy.

The White Sox angle still seems like it's out of nowhere to me.

I don't think I'll be able to watch the PPV on Sunday. I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday.

~T

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Dale 'The Demon II' Torborg on my television!? Hell yes the White Sox angle is great! I'll always remember Vampiro's words in the graveyard: "Join me or DIE, Dale!"

Think Stinger's signed for a long term deal? I remember in an interview a while back he made is clear that he was NOT a TNA wrestler. At the time he had just done the appearances as a favor for Jerry Jarrett. He wants a light schedule so TNA should be great for him. I've missed the Stinger. Hopefully IT'S SHOWTIME!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Steve, its reported as 1 year $500,000. That makes him the highest paid wrestler in the company. I'm sure that makes a few guys less than happy.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Turning Point:

-Major event to change TNA forever
-JJ vs. Rhino (World title)
-AJ vs. Joe (X-division title)
-AMW vs. 3D (Tables match)
-Sabu vs. Abyss (Barbed wire)
-Christian vs. Monty
-Raven vs. Mystery Opponent
-Sabin, Dutt and Demon vs. Diamonds; featuring White Sox AJ, and Heenan on commentary
-4 Live Kru vs. Team Canada
-Bentley and Aries vs. Shelley and Strong

There are only two matches I'm not looking forward to: Sabin, Dutt and Demon vs. Diamonds, and 4 Live Kru vs. Team Canada.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not looking forward to the 4 Live Krew match. I am looking forward to Sabin Dutt and Torborg's match because Bobby Heenan is doing commentary. It won't be a bad match either, Sabin and Dutt are both good, Skipper is under used, and Diamond is not bad...only Young and Torborg are useless at this point.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Jeff Hardy no showed? He should be fired. TNA has used him up and now they have no need for him, especially with Christian around.

The barbed wire match was sick. It was really great to see it finally and in true form after all of these false barbed wire matches delivered by other promotions. What was that object Sabu used to slice and stab Abyss?

Basebrawl match was okay.

X-Division tag match was good. One of those guys took a nasty fall on the head.

It was awesome to see Konnan whack NAO over the heads with the chair.

AJ and Joe had a great match. AJ looked really dazed and there were points late in the match where it seemed he was confused what to do. I'm glad Joe won the title.

Main event was a good brawl. That spot with Rhino goring JJ through the table and into the tunnel was awesome.

Sting? I think it's a good idea for TNA to get someone as big as he is, especially in this first year on Spike. However, I don't know how good he will be in the ring and how much spotlight he'll take away from the other guys.

BTW, anyone know the status on Kevin Nash?

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
What happened to Nash? Last I heard, his personal problems prevented him from main eventing the PPV a while ago.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Those personal problems were caused by chest pains the night before Bound for Glory. He did not have a heart attack, but he was told not to wrestle again.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The rating for the special last thursday was a 0.8, not bad given this one was not promoted at all. It not being promoted at all was a spike TV call also.

They told TNA not to plug the show too much during impact because they feared people would get bored of hearing it, so they told TNA that they'd handle promotion...well, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks