What's new

TNA Impact! (2 Viewers)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The TNA rating for saturday is in, and it was up from the week before.

Last week: 0.8
This week: 0.82
Increase: 5%

That's good news. Even better news is that they rose 21% among males 18-49 which is Spike's target demographic. The main event tag match got a 0.9 rating.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
More impact ratings news, the replay mondy did a 0.5 rating again the same as last week.

Spoilers are already posted on the internet, looks like another 2 weeks of quality broadcasts including a pretty major occurance.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think I may have enjoyed this week's impact more than the past 2. The funeral segment was pretty awesome.

I really want to see Styles/Daniels again after watching tonight which is good.

Oh, and should you find Best of the X-Division vol.1 in stores, buy that DVD right now!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
With each episode, TNA continues to grow and grow! A.J. is the best on the show, hands down, he always goes all out. On Friday, Justin Credible was supposed to face Sabu in a local show in my home city of South Bend, but Sabu was "injured" - I assume that means "taping for TNA" - so they had Ian Rotten instead. I overheard someone saying that Justin was supposed to head to TNA soon, any word?

By the way, Justin and Ian were quite nice, and Justin even shook my hand!

Ryan

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Good show.

Out of all the talent, Monty has looked the best so far on Spike.

The funeral segment was very funny. I was trepid of it at first but it was surprisingly well done.

Think Raven will be added to the NWA title match?

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't know that they will add Raven to the title match, they've already got a few multi-man matches on the card as it stands.

Here's the Bound for Glory card:
*NWA title: Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash
*X-title, 30:00 Ironman match: AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
*International X-match, Samoa Joe vs. Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger
*Ultimate X, number 1 contender match: Peety Williams vs. Matt Bently vs. Chris Sabbin
*Monsters Ball 2: Rhino vs. Sabu Vs. Abyss Vs. Jeff Hardy
*Lance Hoyt vs. Monty Brown
*Fatal 4-way, Sonjay Dutt vs. Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong
*Diamonds in the Rough Simon Diamond, David Young, and Elix Skipper vs. Apolo, Sonny Siaki & Shark Boy

Rumored:
*Team Canada vs. The 3 Live Krew
*Naturals vs. AMW vs. Team 3D for the NWA Tag Titles.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thi, according to wrestlinginformer.net, Jushin Lyger was born 11/30/1964 which would put him at 40 years of age and that's kind of hard for me to believe, but the man has sure done a lot in his career.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This from Da Meltz over at www.wrestlingobserver.com

Due to Spike TV preempting Impact on 11/5 for the live Ultimate Fighter special, the show had been moved to Thursday, 11/3 several weeks back. At first
it was scheduled as a regular episode of Impact.

However, with ratings well above projections on Saturday nights, Spike has given TNA its first prime time special, a two-hour taped show from 9-11 p.m.
on 11/3. No details are available but it will be more like a Clash of Champions special than a regular episode of Impact. The show will be taped on either
10/25 or 10/26, more likely the latter.

This has me happy beyond all reason.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Kevin Nash was in the hospital yesterday, probably due to chest pain. His status for the PPV is unknown as of now. Raven will probably be the best replacement.

I was in Walmart the other day, and it was really cool to see the TNA DVD set. Only $20!

I'll watch Impact later and will post my thoughts on that.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I watched it. It was kind of ho-hum. The tag title match was decent however.

Yeah, that Wal-mart thing is a good deal. The DVDs were at Best Buy yesterday when I was there, which is also cool. I also picked up a XXX 2 pack of action figures from Toys R' Us.

Looking forward to the show.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Impact was a mess.

I think they should increase the ring size a little bit, because it gets really crowded in there.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Nash is out of the PPV tonight, he was hospitalized with chest pains late last night.

Also officially Team Canada vs. 3 live Krew has been added as well as the rematch from last night's tag title change.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The PPV was alright.

The pre-PPV match was good.

I wasn't expecting Joe and Liger to have that good of a match, considering how old Liger is now. It was okay.

The next few matches, including the Ultimate X, were okay.

I liked the tag title match because it seemed to matter unlike the previous matches

I was looking forward to Monster's Ball the most and it delivered. Best match of the night. Hardy was really on tonight and his spot was insane (at least from that camera shot).

Crowd really died down after that match.

The Ironman match was good but disappointing.

The special gaunlet match seemed to drag and the world title match was what it was expected to be according to what had gone on.

Great to see Rhino as the new champion.

~T

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thi, I sort of agree with your conclusion but don't necessarily agree with how you arrived at it.

I loved the 4-way to open the show. I expected Lyger and Joe to have a better match than they did, but it was hurt for being so short. Lyger is not old compared to certain people wrestling for WWE at this time, 40 is not old in the wrestling business, at least it doesn't have to be.

Monsters Ball ruled!

The iron man match was awesome. It built towards something. It made sense that it started slow, in a psychological sense both men were conserving energy should it go to overtime like the last match they had ended up doing. You couldn't have had a more well booked match, they brought the crowd back into it because they were tired before the match started.

The gauntlet worked. It worked for 2 reasons. It made people long to see certain matches. Most of them involved Samoa Joe, but who wasn't interested when he and Abyss squared off? Monty Brown and Joe is another and even Joe and Styles again.

I have 0 problem putting the title on Rhino. They can always move it back on the primetime Thursday night special. Rhino overcomming the odds winning 3 matches played well in to the story and essentially turned him face. Nice surprise at the end with Team 3D.

The tag title match was ok but last night's was better and I've seen way better from both teams.

Ultimate X was interesting. The finish hurt the match because it was clear all 3 were upset, but Peety Williams catching the X out of the air can easily be built upon and turned in to something so that made it at least salvagable.

The 2 six man tag matches had their moments. Hoyt and Brown were just kind of their.

Sacrifice is still the PPV of the year from any promotion.

But, I'd definitely give Bound for Glory a thumbs up.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
*Rhino vs. Jeff Jarrett
*Team Canada vs. Team 3D
*Ultimate X return match: Savin vs. Williams Vs. Bently

Originally Samoa Joe vs. Sabin was on the show but with the way ultimate X ended they wanted to do a rematch.

So those are the headliners for the Thursday 11/3 special.

In good ratings news TNA Impact got a 0.9 rating this past week which is a small jump in terms of a number but in terms of viewership its a big deal.

Way to go TNA!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
TNA taped the special tonight and this Saturday's Impact. Both were said to be good. There is a 6 man tag on the special that is being talked up pretty good.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I missed Impact last night, but will watch the replay.

They decided not to show the Naturals tag match wherein Chase Stevens broke his kneck. He'll be good to go in a week or 2 which is just amazing if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks