What's new

Time limit on returns WITH receipt at BB/CC? (1 Viewer)

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
There are a bunch of topics about return DVDs without receipts, but I have the inverse question. After pondering the Blu Ray victory (I was holding out until a winner), I was staring at my DVD collection and wondering how many I would actually replace with HD media (not going to replace everything of course). I started pulling out DVDs that were still wrapped (purchased over the last few years at the various $4.99-$6.99 sales at BB/CC), and came up with 35 titles I'm not sure I really needed in the first place. Although I often sell DVDs on E-bay, these DVDs are all sealed and I have receipts for 80% of these. However, the BB and CC return policies are a bit vague returns about over 30 days, and I suspect that ultimately it may be up to the store manager.

I'm just curious if anybody has any experience with returning sealed/mint DVD with receipts from a year ago.

(One way to shrink my unwatched DVD pile!!!)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think it is pretty standard to have a 30 day limit. Expecting a store to take back an unopened DVD you bought a year ago seems unreasonable. Are you sure the policy is vague? I thought they had a clear time limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks