Time limit on returns WITH receipt at BB/CC?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Len Berkoski, May 4, 2008.

1. Len Berkoski

Len Berkoski Stunt Coordinator

There are a bunch of topics about return DVDs without receipts, but I have the inverse question. After pondering the Blu Ray victory (I was holding out until a winner), I was staring at my DVD collection and wondering how many I would actually replace with HD media (not going to replace everything of course). I started pulling out DVDs that were still wrapped (purchased over the last few years at the various $4.99-$6.99 sales at BB/CC), and came up with 35 titles I'm not sure I really needed in the first place. Although I often sell DVDs on E-bay, these DVDs are all sealed and I have receipts for 80% of these. However, the BB and CC return policies are a bit vague returns about over 30 days, and I suspect that ultimately it may be up to the store manager.

I'm just curious if anybody has any experience with returning sealed/mint DVD with receipts from a year ago.

(One way to shrink my unwatched DVD pile!!!)

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I think it is pretty standard to have a 30 day limit. Expecting a store to take back an unopened DVD you bought a year ago seems unreasonable. Are you sure the policy is vague? I thought they had a clear time limit.