What's new

Thinking of building my own powered sub (1 Viewer)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't used them but a few guys at AVS have. Most upgrade their electrical for 220v which improves output considerably.

Since all of these manufacturers rate their amps at 1khz, they will produce that power for that frequency. The lower the frequency, the more an amp struggles to produce rated power and that is true for all pro amps. I look at the RMS power at 1khz and knock about 1/3 off for the 20hz RMS power to be conservative.

On the other hand, no one needs this much power. My EP-2500 doesn't strain at all and I can create scary amounts of sub-bass.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Hey robert I have a question about the behring eq, how do you hook it up to you receiver and then to your power amp? The eq doesnt have RCA or LFE connections. My Onkyo receiver has LFE and RCA style Pre outs, how would I hook all this up?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103850

The RCA plug goes into the receiver. The 1/4" plug goes into the BFD.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
ok I know I ask alot of question but is the benringer dsp1100p as good as the 1124p cause i found one pretty cheap. Is there many differences between the two?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't know the 1100p even existed. The 1124p is only $110. On the other hand, if it is a good deal then the setup procedure should be at least similar. They look identical on the Behringer web site.

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I got a behringer dsp1124 last week from a member of this forum. Now just wanna find a deal on a behringer ep2500 and my sub project is complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks