What's new

The WB's Superstar USA, American Anti-Idol (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The survivors(?): Mario, Jamie (love the full body pan), Rosa, Jojo.

I'm rooting(?) for Super Mario.

danak

Second Unit
John Michael wasn't half bad, which is probably why he was cut.

Did Nina Diva actually improve a little?

I forget the thin black lady's name, but she was dull and lifeless. I'm glad she got cut because she had no entertainment value at all.

Dana

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I just saw this show for the first time last night. I love it!
I think that the big black guy should have stayed on. Just watching his eyes roll back is enough for the championship in my opinion.
The duets should be awesome...especially for whomever gets paired with Jamie.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
As far I know, there is no record deal or cash prize. The reason why the audiences are enthusiastic over the performance is that they were told that all the contestants were terminally ill patients.

There are few times that when we are shown the highlights for the upcoming shows, in the audience you can see "Marcelis" from BB3.

danak

Second Unit
Luis, are you sure that there really isn't a record deal waiting for the winner? If there isn't, then this show has gone from mean fun to completely heartless. Plus, I think only one producer gave the "they're terminally ill" excuse one time and it was never said again. So I don't know if the audience is in on the joke

I just loved when during Jamie's performance, Briggs had his back to her so he wouldn't focus on her body.

Dana

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
According to the WB, the winner will get a recording deal, $100,000, and the title of Superstar USA:

from http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericSh...169159,00.html

It seems to me like the live audience stuff was filmed all at once or over two straight days.

As for the duet, I am fairly certain that it is only with the final 2. My wife can't understand how they would not know it is a hoax when hearing the other sing, but these people are beyond delusional.

Mario: "I have it all, the talent and the looks to be a superstar"

:D

Chris

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
This is a great show, I just caught it for the first time last night. Its too bad a show like this can only work once.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
That' what we thought we Joe Millionaire.
Considering the set was closed during taping and the only audience present was in the finale, I wouldn't be surprised if second show with new contestants was filmed.

There are enough gullible fish in the talentless pond.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

They don't hear the others sing until the duet, right? So you're saying they'll guess it's a hoax during the duet. Also do they not get to practice the duet? Either way should be interesting.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
My favorite was the guy in black with the shaved top of his head and the scar on his forehead that looked like he'd been lobotomized.

Briggs tells him he likes the look, the mullet with the shaved skull. "You've got a skullet!"

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

No, that is one of the WB's hooks "See what happens when they hear each other for the first time. Will the hoax be up?"

I think they are all so delusional that instead of thinking "hoax", they will think "I'm going to win because that person sucks, and I'm a Superstar!"

Chris

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I have read the posts here off and on since this show started, but had not watched it. I happened to catch the rerun on Sunday, and part of tonight's show when it hit me...maybe WE are the ones being lied to! What if this ENTIRE setup is to make THE VIEWERS believe that the contestants are really competing, unbeknownst to them, for the title of "worst singer ever", but in reality the contestants are actors! The "we lied to you" line could actually be directed towards the viewers, who watched this thinking "how could these people be such lousy singers and not realize it?" If this is how it plays out, it would be a great way to get the WB some much-needed publicity.

It would be along the lines of the double-cross pulled by "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" or whatever the hell that show was...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Either way, those "contestants" have got brass ones for getting up there and "singing" with everything they've got (sadly enough).

Jojo had to go-go. (I hate people who talk about themselves in the 3rd person. Puh-lease...)

danak

Second Unit
It seems to me that Jojo just wasn't bad enough tonight, though performance-wise, Mario was just boring. The "best" performance, for me, was Jamie's. It had that utter train wreck quality to it, both in voice and dancing.

Dana

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Jamie's singing actually scared my cats, I am not kidding. They both stopped what they were doing and did that weird one ear forward, one ear backwards look. Priceless! :D

I never watch reality shows, but by accident, I was calibrating my TV using WPIX as a signal on Sunday. Well, about 10 minutes after hearing it in the background, I started to pay attention (thanks to my PVR, I just rewound the show to the start and pressed record).

What a frickin' train wreck!!!

I'm almost inclinded to agree with the conspiracy theorist. Maybe this is a joke on the viewers. How can Mario or Rosa truly believe they have 'talent'?

After busting a gut watching the show on Sunday I had to watch the new one on Monday. Those performances were all equally "good". I'm sad to see JoJo leave as he was so full of himself, he was actually amusing. Jamie probably deserved to go but my guess is the producers want some eye-candy around. She reminds me of Jessica Simpson with a little less talent (I do mean a little) :)

As far as I'm concerned, no one can beat Rosa for pure 'talent'. Although, considering she's from Mexico, can she still be considered The WB Superstar USA?

On a particularly cruel note, the thought of bringing them to see homes and cars they'll NEVER afford is truly mean.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of cars I loved how Rosa took the whole house and car show so seriously. "So you can get that for me in an automatic right?" Then at the house "So this tile is new? Oh good, I wouldn't want mold." (paraphrasing that second one). :D

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Anyone who has seen American Idol knows how delusional some people can be. These same singers that are being praised on Superstar USA, would have been trashed by Simon and company, then turned around, cursed the judges and proclaim that "I will be a star someday, you'll see".

My pics for the final 2: Mario and Rosa
As for who should win, it's a toss up. For pure horrible singing, it would have to go to Rosa (since I can never understand a word she is saying or singing, now that she is the "quadruple tret"), but for the overall package of weirdnes, yet extreme confidence, Mario would get it.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks