What's new

The WB's Superstar USA, American Anti-Idol (1 Viewer)

danak

Second Unit
The big reveal kind of fell flat for me. The host half heartedly told Jamie that her win wasn't based on her singing being good and Jamie didn't seem to fully understand (maybe she was too stupid to do so?). Mario and Rosa seemed to understand the joke, but as expected, it didn't deter them from continuing to seek their dream. Mario seemed really excited that he at least got to perform (which was kind of sweet actually)

Dana

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Total puss out of a reveal. Jamie is as dillusional as they come. The funny part was when they did her "how she got there" montage that she kinda heard herself for the first time and thought it was bad, just going by her looks. Although when she held that gadawful note she was cheering herself on.

Mario's reaction was bittersweet. Glad he got something good out of it. The true william hung of the competition.

I wish they went through the entire top 10 and told them and showed their reactions.

Oh well, big build up to fizzle ending. :thumbsdown:

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I belive the entire show was staged. You could tell by Jamie's reaction after the big reveal that she was trying to act all suprised (and doing a very poor job of it).

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it was staged, I just think the host and the entire cast of judges and producers lost the nerve and chickened out. You could even tell by the montage they did for her. If they really wanted her to know she was a terrible singer they could have hammered it home by having her watch more than a 4 second clip of her performances; that way it would leave no doubt even in Jamie's diminutive mind.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it was staged, I just think the host and the entire cast of judges and producers lost the nerve and chickened out. You could even tell by the montage they did for her. If they really wanted her to know she was a terrible singer they could have hammered it home by having her watch more than a 4 second clip of her performances; that way it would leave no doubt even in Jamie's diminutive mind.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was painful to see Jamie acting so dumb that she didn't realize how she had been made a fool of by the judges all this time. Then again, the money definitely soften any pangs of anger (but I really don't think she really grasped the concept of being punked for all these weeks as McFayden dropped the bomb on her).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was painful to see Jamie acting so dumb that she didn't realize how she had been made a fool of by the judges all this time. Then again, the money definitely soften any pangs of anger (but I really don't think she really grasped the concept of being punked for all these weeks as McFayden dropped the bomb on her).

danak

Second Unit
I think the problem I had (and maybe why Jamie didn't really get it) was that McFayden didn't come right out and say that they were looking for the worst singer in America. Rosa and Mario were told that directly, but McFayden danced around it with Jamie and wasn't direct with her.

What I found puzzling was the singers thinking they were way better than their competition even though no one ever heard the others sing (except for Jamie and Mario at the end). After finding out the WB was looking for the worst singer, Rosa gave her opinion that she wasn't suprised that Jamie won. But, did Rosa ever hear her sing?

Dana

danak

Second Unit
I think the problem I had (and maybe why Jamie didn't really get it) was that McFayden didn't come right out and say that they were looking for the worst singer in America. Rosa and Mario were told that directly, but McFayden danced around it with Jamie and wasn't direct with her.

What I found puzzling was the singers thinking they were way better than their competition even though no one ever heard the others sing (except for Jamie and Mario at the end). After finding out the WB was looking for the worst singer, Rosa gave her opinion that she wasn't suprised that Jamie won. But, did Rosa ever hear her sing?

Dana

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I've got a question. I rewatched Rosa's performances especially her renditions of "Genie in a Bottle" and "Bootylicious".

What the bloody hell was she singing?

None of her lyrics came even close to the originals...did the show still have to pay the royalties for the use of the song?

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I've got a question. I rewatched Rosa's performances especially her renditions of "Genie in a Bottle" and "Bootylicious".

What the bloody hell was she singing?

None of her lyrics came even close to the originals...did the show still have to pay the royalties for the use of the song?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks