What's new

The Omen - Remake (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the original a few days ago and it definitely still holds up today. The last thing it needs is a CGI death filled remake (ala "Final Destination").

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Probably be rated PG-13........F**k all this remake nonsense, I'm not even acknowledging it when it comes out right next to the Oh God - The Fog - Halloween - etc. etc. etc. etc. remakes....;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
You just know they will get around to remaking Escape From New York only this time Snake will be twenty-something and totally redeemable as a positive roll model who patriotically helps the sincerely good intentioned President save the world.

Or how about the up-coming remake of Rosemary's Baby...I bet the end will fully show the baby in all it's CGI glory just before the Twenty-something Rosemary raises her eyes to heaven asking for God to help her as a shaft of golden light shines down from the ceiling morphing the demon into a happy gurgling healthy blond haired-blue eyed baby as the evil satan worshipers along with Guy melt away in all of their CGI glory, the end shot being the new single mom walking down the street with her beautiful newborn as something from Lilith Fare plays in the background.

Or..or how about.........

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I'm just counting the days when Jaws is announced to be remade with 12 CGI sharks... so it'll be renamed Jaws's

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Taxi Driver - starring Rob Schneider.

The Great Escape - with the cast from the first two season's of Survivor.

Gandhi - starring Adam Sandler.

Citizen Kane - starring Adam Sandler

The Grapes Of Wrath - starring Adam Sandler

The Ten Commandments - starring Adam Sandler

The Adam Sandler Story - starring Rob Schneider.

Raging Bull - starring Adam Sandler

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Kevin M, that was the sweetest post I've seen all day!:emoji_thumbsup:

I'm fucking done with hollywood. I am yet to get excited with pretty near any of the recent announcments that have come out. The only DVD's I've gotten excited for have been the Warner classic stuff, and others of that ilk. I'm only 31 for christ sake, surely this isn'yt a "I've gooten old, I don't understand what the kids like anymore". Does anyone get excited to see remake after remake of these films?

They keep spreading that line about tickets be down in the theaters. I'd rather see an original piece of crap as opposed to a remake/ film that is like movie "a" mixed with movie "b" with an extreme edge that well connect with the modern audience, yet still have something familier for the older generation.:angry:

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Well, so far all the horror remakes that have been released have proved successful at the box office. Other than "House of Wax" which was a flop, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Dawn of the Dead" and "The Amityville Horror" have all soared past their very small budgets.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Louder... they want louder movies! - Hollywood

I can't believe these are the people running the studios. They're honestly scaring me with their stupidity. They think that the lack of movie attendence has to do with trivial things? Put out something decent...

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

As DavidPLA pointed out, these remakes are very profitable for Hollywood. They ain't the reason the box office is down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks