What's new

The Omen - Remake (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
so who is playing Damien
Adam Sandler or Rob Schneider?

ok if hollywouldnotcouldnothaveanoriginalidea is going to torture us with this crap let's put their hat on and do the casting

Robert Thorn (Gregory Peck)
Katherine Thorn (Lee Remick)
Keith Jennings (David Warner)
Mrs. Baylock (Billie Whitelaw)
Damien (Harvey Stephens)
Father Brennan (Patrick Troughton)
Father Spiletto (Martin Benson)
Young nanny (Holly Palance)

who wants to start?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well...if I have to, first is the people who I think best fit the classic star they are replacing, second (in the lead parts) is the younger cast that Hollywood will want to go for (but still competent actors IMO):

Robert Thorn (Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson | Guy Pearce or Viggo Mortensen....or Ed Norton? Im sorry but it's hard to find younger actors who reach this level of Peck'itude)

Katherine Thorn (Cate Blanchett or Jennifer Jason Leigh | Charlize Theron or Naomi Watts)

Keith Jennings (I have only one choice...Rhys Ifans)

Mrs. Baylock (Frances O'Connor, Illeana Douglas or Carrie-Anne Moss)

Damien (an unknown, always a good gamble if you find the right unknown)

Father Brennan (Billy Connolly or Ben Kingsley)

Father Spiletto (Geoffrey Rush?.....I'm drawing a blank on this one)

Young nanny (Liza Weil, Maggie Gyllenhaal or Julia Stiles)

Josh.C

Second Unit
I guess I'm just going to have to accept the growing list of remakes, and I think I can. What I can't except is the way Hollywood is remaking these incredible Masterpieces in Film, and cheapening them with these remakes. If you are going to make a remake, at least do it justice with strong direction, acting, score, etc...

Some of these movie's have the potential to be great remakes with the technology we now have. That doesn't mean we CGI the thing to death, and scimp out on acting, plot, etc.... You know, those things that made us love the originals.

I'm off my totem pole now.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

Okay, I would actually pay to see that, as long as she was in full "Paris Gellar" mode. :D

Seriously, though, here's the actual cast:

Richard Thorn - Liev Schrieber
Katherine Thorn - Julia Stiles
Mrs. Baylock - Mia Farrow
Jennings - David Thewlis
Father Brennan - Pete Postlethwaite

Actually, not too bad, imho.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Which begs the question - is the main reason this is being remade to give the studio something "appropriate" to open on this once-in-a-century release date?? ;)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Good god, I bet Richard Donner is kicking himself, can’t Hollywood write anything original , we have now be plagued with remakes big time now since, since LOL I have lost count, we have had in the last few years “Flight of the Phoenix” “King Kong” etc, etc, etc, “Poseidon” “War of the Worlds” and now, this, this is what we call taking the piss hear in England, and I doubt that I would ever go to the cinema to see, I may wait till the dvd, and rent it out, go and figure now.

“The Omen” 2006 trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/theomen/

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Even if I were to consider this movie, the kid they got to play Damian is all wrong! Way too "friendly" looking, the original Damian looked like new born death, famine, despair, all the evil of the world in the body of a toddler.

This new kid looks like Dennis the Menace with dark hair. :thumbsdown:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
John

That’s what they said on “Multiplex” forums, the kids not even scary now, now take “Harvey Stephens” who played “Damien” in the original 1976 version gave me the creeps!

http://www.telegraphindia.com/105080...es/01omen1.jpg

The Jerry Goldsmith score was indispensable for which it received the 1976 academy award for best score, spot on, I’d sooner they would had re-release the film not this, the re-make trend is now really getting out of hand, all for the sake of CGI and Dolby Digital soundtracks.

If they where to show the original “Omen” in THX! That would be scary now!:D

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Everyone complains about remakes, including me. I'm kinda glad they remade King Kong though.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

You know what's funny, after looking at it so much the past few days around the forum, it's effect is wearing off of me. It's gone from being this terrifying demonic personification of pure evil, to the dude with no tan who hates pan-n-scan and open matte. :D

The face is your friend, just remember that and you'll be fine.

Or, this will be the first time in the history of the forum that a mod tells me to lose it because it's too scary for a board full of grown men and women lol.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, I don't see any spelling errors in your post, Holadem, so how distracting could it possibly be? ;)

Your sig is distracting to me because i've been trying to figure out for the longest time what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks