What's new

The Omen - Remake (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Josh.C wrote (post #28):

Uh, the real problem is that Hollywood is into remaking everything under the sun, "masterpiece" or not. The original Omen (1975) was a predictable, yawn-inspiring, formulaic conglomerate of elaborate, grisly set pieces. The man who (literally) plotted the original, David Seltzer, I note is given credit as writer on the upcoming remake.

If the original was "classic", it was classic Hollywood kitsch horror, not worth making in the first place, let alone deserving of a "remake". But it's all about the dollar signs. They'll "remake" anything.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

I vote with others: John, lose the face! ;)

And Holadem, I'm with John: what is that in your sig?

Colton

Supporting Actor
I think it's directions on how to get ... somewhere. : WarKrieg?

Sorry, John, that *ugh* photo ... I've developed a facial tic everytime I see it.

- Colton

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A weathervane, yes, i'm going with that. Although I always thought that it looked like one of those old television antenna's that we used to have on the roof growing up. ;)

Come on, guy's, I don't want to get rid of my face, my face is my friend. :crazy: It sort of resembles William Sadler as the Grim Reaper from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey...only a tad angrier. :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I also think that face is not appropriate, not because it's ugly but just because it "spoils" ruins the number one horror movie of all time. We are supposed to see it in the context of the movie during a split second to scare the hell out of us! It's like having the money shot in front of you all day long!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's the best reason i've read yet to lose it and it really never occured to me. Okay, off to photobucket I go, lord knows I don't want to be the one responsable for ruining that film for the entire forum! :frowning:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Noooooo!!!! Please put back the cheesy Exorcist face! I don't know how in the world it could possibly "ruin" the movie (a brilliantly acted psychological thriller that turns into a hilariously goofy supernatural thriller), but it's a great avatar!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Just so you guy's know, I belong to another site where I use Pazuzu as my avatar and that site is comprised largly of women and i've had ZERO complaints.

Reflect on that for a moment. ;) :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So has anyone seen the new Omen and discovered just how bad it (likely) is?

Too bad Dr. Seuss never wrote a book about Pazuzu. That would have rocked!

"I do not posess green eggs and ham, Pazuzu I am!"

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
My girlfriend's next-door neighbor in Manhattan is Julia Stiles, and I've only seen once glimpse of her in the hallway. She keeps to herself a lot. The filming of "The Omen" drained her completely. When she returned, my girlfriend said she was totally exhausted and hid from view even more than normal. It sounded like a tough shoot for her.

For Christmas, Julia left a gift at my girlfriend's door. We opened it. It was a collection of odd folk music CD's from Prague, where she was filming. Then my girlfriend realized that she hadn't gotten anything for Julia. What to get her? So my twisted sense of humor suggested immediately "The Omen" box set... I was fairly certain that 25 year-old Stiles probably hadn't seen all 4 films, and I thought it would be funny for her to see them now that she's in one herself. Maybe get some ideas from Lee Remick. So we ran out and bought the box, then we put it in a bag and then we left it in front of Julia's door just down the hallway. Not 30 seconds after we went inside the apartment, we heard a slight noise. We opened the door to peek and the Christmas present was gone! It was so funny, like she was a prisoner in a dungeon grabbing her bowl of water.

What was odd was that I never found out if she enjoyed the gift, wigged-out or what... until 6 months later when she had drinks on the terrace with my girlfriend and said she loved the box, it was so cool. She's very superstitious and almost didn't take the part because of the demonic tie-in and 666. I thought maybe the box set had put her over the edge or something but it turned out fine...

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Ebert and Roeper both gave it thumbs up. It is apparently just a remake, nothing new or absurd, basically the same story and both spoke highly of it. I haven't seen any other critical reviews yet. This won't be the worst movie of the year, but I thought it might be when I heard about it.

Chris

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Nobody saw this yet?!? Most of the reviews were "horrific" but surprisingly Ebert and Roeper gave it 2 thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks