What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Office: Season Two question (1 Viewer)

Greg K

Second Unit
Having recently become turned on to the U.S. version of The Office, I've been doing some research on the Region 1 DVD releases. It has come to my attention that one of those blasted store-exclusive deals was done for season two. It seems that copies sold at Target stores include additional bonus features. I'm very interested in this, and have a few questions:

1. How does one tell if a given set has the added content? A sticker on the package? A different UPC number?

2. It seems likely that by now, most Target stores have long-since sold out of the bonus versions, and merely restock with the standard-issue sets. Is this true? Should I seek out secondary dealers/stores in order to find the exclusive set? If so, any in particular?

Any suggestions/info would be helpful.

Thanks!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Target exclusive has a yellow sticker on the front saying so. I got mine back in late September, and they only had two at my store. I would suggest going to Target and looking through each and every copy, as they might be mixed in. Otherwise, you might have to try Ebay.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Also, just so you know, this wasn't a bonus disc.

The Target edition has an alternate version of one of the discs with the additional featurette on it as opposed to the more common "disc in a paper sleeve shrinkwrapped to the packaging" you'll often find with retailer exclusives.

There's nothing in your post to suggest that you weren't aware of how the exclusive content was included and presented but I know that I just assume it's an additional disc and in the case of "The Office" I feared that something was "missing" until I noticed that exclusive content was listed on the disc art itself and present on the DVD.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't go overboard trying to find it though. I watched it on Youtube back when it was first released, and it was pretty good, but not really a deal-breaker or anything. Unlike the deleted scenes, it isn't something that I'd go back to very often.

Jason Sweet

Stunt Coordinator
It was just a behind the scenes video diary of the Booze Cruise episode taken by by Jenna Fischer, the actress that plays Pam, showing the cast goofing around as the filmed the boat scenes on location overnight. It was decent, but nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks