What's new

The horror! The horror! A rant about morons at the movies. (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Ben,
No.
I imagine the same thing was going on in about every theater the first couple days of Star Wars showing. It was special circumstance based on the fact that there was a new Star Wars movie showing for the first time in 16 years.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

Andy_S

Second Unit
I agree with Ross. In all my years of going to see movies in the theater I've never experienced what I did when I went to see Phantom Menace opening night. Up to that point I would hear applaus at the end of some really good movies, but never any chearing/booing.
[Edit] Also, I think it's funny that Ben assumes that all Americans, in all cities, chear and whoop during every film because he saw one movie that showed people chearing/booing.
laugh.gif

------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!
[Edited last by Andy_S on September 14, 2001 at 12:08 PM]

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Yeah those rowdy american pfft, we never get any of that rowdyness up here in polite Canada :P.
Ryan as someone who used to live in Ireland I find that smoking in restaurants and movie theaters, stores etc is disgusting. Knowing what we know now about passive smoking it makes me want to unsheath my kbar on some of these smokers. Smoking in public buildings is one of the rudest things I can imagine.
Aaron

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I saw The Phantom Menace in Stockholm and there was much booing at the start of it. Why? Because the trademark scrolling Star Wars text... was in swedish! Ack!
eek.gif

I joined in the booing and am not ashamed. :)
------------------
/Kimmo

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe that no one has pointed out the worst result of smoking in a movie theater-- that everyone behind the smoker can't see the screen because of (duh) clouds of smoke!
I'm opposed to the California vote about no smoking in bars if only that it never went to a state-wide vote. But no smoking in movie theaters seems pretty obvious to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks