What's new

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - coming to DVD in Australia (1 Viewer)

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2
released by Madman. I ordered it from EzyDVD.
I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture
and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!
And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.
They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music
by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.
Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
galipolis said:
Yesterday I received the Australian DVD Sets of THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR Seasons 1 and 2
I already watched the first three episodes from Season One and can report that the picture
and sound quality is excellent on those DVD Sets - it really is a first rate transfer!
And what a pleasure to watch! - great interaction between Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare.
They have great chemistry together - typical "clean" 60ies Sitcom with nice Main theme and incidental music
by the great Dave Grusin, who did score a lot for TV and Feature films during the 60ies.
Indeed highly recommended if you like classic TV series like I DREAM OF JEANNIE.
Are these releases Region 0 or Region 4?

Thanks.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
galipolis said:
Hopefully that means the set I ordered directly from Madman should arrive in Arizona any day now...

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
@phenri:
Hello, I checked the DVDs.
They are locked Region 4 - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman
for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
galipolis said:
@phenri:
Hello, I checked the DVDs.
They are locked Region 4 - not Region 0 - which was kind of expected as TCF may have licensed this TV show to Madman
for releasing / marketing on the Australian home video market only and not any other countries.
Thanks for the response. I guess I won't be getting these.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
This Show and Spencer's Pilots will be the first things I watch when I get a Region Free Blue-Ray Player with my "Santa Money" :D

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
Now that WKRP is out, this show moves to the top of my "most wanted" list (for a region1 or region-free release).

I used to love this show when it ran in daytime syndication when I was a kid.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Yesterday, I ordered season 1 and 2 from an australian DVD store on the net. Since there is no plan to get them here in Canada (or US) in NTSC, let it be PAL! Though I hate PAL speedup, I can't wait any longer for watching this very special TV show, close to my heart. I'll let you know about the quality of the masters taken for these releases, if you are interested.
Hello, It has been a few years since your post but did you ever get this series from Australia? Is it nice quality? lastly, is it region free? Thank you for your response.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Hello, It has been a few years since your post but did you ever get this series from Australia? Is it nice quality? lastly, is it region free? Thank you for your response.

See post #21 or #29 for transfer quality.

See post #24 for Region info.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Hi! I appreciate that you still need my comments after a few members talked about it when they received their copy. Indeed, like someone said before, the discs are locked to region 4. They are in PAL format, meaning 25 frames by seconds, so you get a higher toned voices and musics. (which I hate, by the way) Masters have been transfered interlaced not progressive, unfortunatelly. But, having these Australian releases is the next best thing since we can't get them in NTSC here in North America. The quality of the masters are uneven depending on episodes. Image quality is rather good though not very sharp looking. Colors are nice and saturated. The soundtrack is, in my opinion, very bright and clear. I am very happy to have them in my video library and to own a zone-free Blu-ray/DVD player.

Last edited:

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Thanks for the comments. I have a Phillips portable DVD player which is region free. Maybe I will wait a little more, if there is no sign of a region 1 release, I will buy it from Australia. Great feedback, thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks