What's new

The "For Love or Money" thread (2 Viewers)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Thanks to their bachelor's history, the woman is sure to choose the money unless she's plain dumb.

I assume the show was taped before the news came out, & the final woman has already made her decision. Personally I'd go for the money, just because I wouldn't trust that someone I met a couple weeks earlier was the one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Entertainment Tonight reported that Rob's law firm fired him after hearing news of his drunken groping of a female naval officer 4 years ago.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The networks really seem to have a problem with their screening processes, don't they? :rolleyes

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They should just go to "The Smoking Gun" and have them do background checks for their prospective reality TV "stars".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief, could NBC milk this more than FOX did with Joe Millionaire?

I'd pick Erin just because she's so much more classier and mature than Paige, but that's just me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
OMG! What a wild twist! Never saw it coming!

Rob picked Erin, but Erin took the money. (Good thing because Rob had a sordid past)

3 weeks later, Erin is brought back to the mansion, and she's now the one who burned up her $1 million check for a shot at "true" love. She'll be doing what Rob was doing in trying to find some guy who'll pick her over the $1 million, and if she does convince her final pick to choose her over the money, she'll get $2 million.

"For Love or Money 2" starts next Monday. This is crazed!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Looks like Rob chose the girl that he felt felt closer with/wanted to feel closer with over the sure money (Paige). I have to admit I despised the guy after he confirmed the accusations that arose from his past.

However, after apparently watching him choose interest/love over sure money and then losing everything (literally...his job, face, girl and money), I feel a slight twinge of sorry for the guy.

Seemed like for once in his life (at least that which is publically known), he laid bare his emotions and expressed a true and ideal side.

I was surprised to see the final twist with Erin. She did make the right decision by going after the money. However, she repudiated everything she said at the end of the show to Rob (not a golddigger) and also undermined her own intelligence and experience from the show by giving up the money for the 2nd show.

If she wants a genuine relationship/lover, it goes against what she said about not wanting to start a relationship on pretense.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I only watched the last two episodes. Firstly, good gad Paige was way to young to be there. She looked 17 for goodness sakes and acted like it too. I'm only 24 and she looked too young for me even. It was sad that she got her hopes up and ultimately came crashing down.

I do like the added twist at the end. What a slick way of getting a second series out before everyone knew how the system was working, ala Joe Millionaire. They can't do that show again since everyone already knows the premise.

My predictions for the end, she chooses a guy, he takes the money, Erin goes home empty handed. But could there be one last twist in this show?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Actually, they first advertised the 2nd season about 3 weeks ago, when nobody was posting in this thread. I thought I was the only one still watching.

Does it bother anyone else that the show keeps throwing out lies like "one of you will be a millionaire" or "receive a check for $1 million", when the truth is that the money was to be paid out over 40 years? Yep, that's only $25,000 a year.

If somebody gave you $25,000 (or more like $15-20k after taxes), would you suddenly consider yourself a millionaire?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You can take a lump sum present value of the $1 million prize. The sticking point would be the interest rate to figure out such a lump sum value using those formulas from my Engineering Economy class from years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks