What's new

The Family (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Anyone watching this "reality" series? Based on the ratings I've seen, not too many people are. I missed the second episode but the two I have seen have been entertaining enough. My main complaint is that it just has too much of a staged feel to it. George Hamilton is the host and you can just tell that the shots he's in have been rehearsed and probably re-shot. It sort of takes away from the spontaneous feel that I think a reality show would strive for.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I love this show. George Hamilton is just hysterical, and definitely appears to be having a good time...

Most of the members of "The Family" are pretty annoying, but it's a pretty enjoyable 60 minutes of TV. My favorite has to be Cousin Mike, who (go figure) is the only one that's not a blood relative...

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Yeah, I like Cousin Mike a fair amount myself. He seems to be one of the few that don't look down on the help/judges. Last night he was joking with the butler about having to wear black in the heat. If he knew the butler was part of the judges then it would obviously be brown-nosing, but he doesn't and it came across genuine. Aunt Donna is by far the one that bothers me most. I wonder what the reaction would have been (especially from Anthony) if they had one the immunity challenge and Mike picked Donna or the Uncle... I am really curious about the clip they keep showing of someone running a golf cart into George Hamilton's little tower :D .

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I am really curious about the clip they keep showing of someone running a golf cart into George Hamilton's little tower.
Me too! They've been showing that one for a couple of weeks, and it looks great! :D

I gained a small measure of respect for Anthony when he got on his monther's case for not putting him before "The Board". Until then, I'd considered him a completely useless tool. :) If Dawn-Marie never opens her mouth again, it'll be too soon...

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My wife got into this show and as a result I have seen the last two episodes. More entertaining than I figured. I loved the TV dinner sequence!! What a slap. Hammilton is definitely hamming it up, but that adds to it somehow I think. The idea of the help doing the judging without the family knowing about it makes the show, but I don't see how this will allow a future installment, ie, The Family Season 2, as the cat is now out of the bag.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I also find myself rooting for Cousin Mike. He's about the only member of the family that I don't find to be highly annoying.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
So, I've missed the last two weeks of this show. Who's been eliminated? Have they shown that bit where they run the cart into Hamilton's stand?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm not entirely sure it's been on. I know this past Tuesday it got pre-empted by Baba Wawa's interviews that got pre-empted on Oscar night...

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I was thinking that might have been a possibility as well. I forgot about the Walters special, and the week before that was pretty heavy for war coverage.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Is this show officially cancelled or what? It hasn't been on (that I know of) in 2 or 3 weeks, & ABC's web site no longer lists it in its list of shows.

Does ABC have so many hit shows that they can't find time to run the few remaining episodes? I could see pulling it if this were sweeps month, but it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks