What's new

The cure for AIDS? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Some frightening people out there. Like the ones who fall for paranoid conspiracy "theories" like this one. :)

Joe
(Who always wears his tin-foil hat when he surfs the 'net)

:D

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Ever heard of The Tuskeegee Experiment? But, isn't it interesting that there is a patent for something to cure AIDS since '97? And I for one have never heard of it till recently.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I was always a fan of the "blood filtering machine" that Magic Johnson supposedly used to clean the AIDs virus from his system. Proponents are always happy to provide photos of the miraculous machine that bares a shockingly shocking similarity to the common kidney dialysis machine (which, incidently, also cleans blood).

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I, for one, don't spend a lot of my time pondering government conspiracies (JFK aside), but the AIDS question is an interesting one. How does Magic Johnson, who's had the virus for at least 13 years, show no trace of illness, nor any sign that he's going to be ill any time in the near future? In fact, I remember him saying that he'd altogether purged the virus from his system. Twilight Zone stuff, dude.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I think it's just a matter of Magic Johnson having so much money that he could afford any type of treatment, experimental or otherwise. For all we know he's healthier now than he's ever been.

Same with the legal system. If you have enough money to afford the best lawyer or legal team you can probably beat any case against you(*cough OJ cough).

In the end money can cure and solve just about any problem. So if you don't have a lot of money don't get into any trouble. ;)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
But the point is, if a cure can be bought, then there is a cure, right?

Pamela

Supporting Actor

There is no cure. What these drug cocktails are doing is making the disease more "manageable." These drugs are keeping people alive longer, but they are not cured. And unfortunately, the drugs are ineffective for some people. Others, who do respond to the therapies, can build up resistance to the drugs. The drugs, themselves, can cause awful side effects.

These drugs can reduce the viral load (amount of HIV in the blood), sometimes down to undetectable levels. This doesn't mean that there is no virus in your blood; it just means that there is not enough for the test to find and measure. And, the virus is also other parts of the body, besides the blood. So, when people say the virus isn't detectable in their blood, it may sound like they are cured, but they are not.

Of course, in many countries, these drugs are not even available, so people are dying in large numbers.

I have several friends with AIDs, and have been active for many years as a volunteer for a local AIDs agency. I have one friend who has had the disease as long as Magic. Ten years ago, he was soooo sick. It was horrible. I really didn't he was going to last. After he started the cocktails, he really bounced back (and is still going strong). I have to say that for some, these drugs have seemed like a miracle. But any long term benefits of these drugs are tenuous at best. There still is no cure.

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
I have always had a theory about how to cure AIDS, and I suppose now is the time to show my ignorance to the masses and propose it:

The virus is extremely fragile outside of the body. My best guess is a lifespan of about 30 seconds at room temperature. Without a constant thermal temperature provided by an acceptable host, the virus (like many--if not all) is toast relatively quickly. The trick is to get the virus down to a temperature that is unnacceptable for its continued survival. The method?

Temporarily Induced Hypothermia.

Can I get my Nobel prize in platinum?

:crickets chirping:

I anyone needs me, Ill uh... be re-arranging my uh, sock drawer...

Again.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it will help in your attempt to make a Color-safe, tolerable, injectable bleach alternative that still kills HIV. ;)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I've always held that there is a cure for AIDS, just like there is a cure for Cancer. The only real problem is that there's way too much money involved in the medications and treatments to actually provide the cure to the general public.

Just like hydrogen powered cars, and non-gas alternatives. My theory is they are ready to be released to the public, and have been for several years, but if they were, think about how much money the big oil companies would be losing in the process.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Actually there is also a solution for world hunger. But the evil mega-food producers and distributors have kept this under wraps in order to keep their profits up.

The same with peace—which could have happened in our time—the industrial-military complex keeps inciting wars not only in established countries, but also in emerging nations (e.g. Rwanda) where, even though no sales were made, the potential for future sales is seen as enormous.

Phil_L

Second Unit
I would hate to think there is a cure being withheld, it would be evidence of the greatest evil. I don't want to think people are capable of that, though I know some indeed are.

I think it is just important for us to further AIDS research and to help support those living with HIV/AIDS. Looking for consipracies isn't terribly helpful, though it makes for interesting conversation. Thankfully there are people like Pamela who are helping those in need.

The patent is indeed interesting, but doesn't mean the process is effective.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
......freaking freemasons controlling everything.....mumble...mumble.....

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
There will not be hydrogen-powered cars anytime soon. In order to drive 300 miles (average for a full tank of gasoline powered cars) hydrogen gas would have to kept under such enormous pressure and quantity that every car on the road would resemble a 50,000 gallon milk/fuel oil truck (for the gas tank).

Liquid hydrogen would require liquids kept at hundreds of degrees below zero (farenheit). This would require giant refridgerated tanks, exactly as required by liquid hydrogen transporting vehicles now, connected to cars that could never be turned-off (so that the generators could continue to cool the hydrogen). Essentially everyone and their mother would have to drive the 18-wheeler from Terminator 2 everyday.

Not to mention the fossil fuels that would be spent extracting the hydrogen in the first place.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
To this date no viral disease/illness has ever been cured. Not the common cold, flu, hepatitis, hiv, herpes, ebola, etc.. You can't cure a viral illness, only prevent it with vaccines or treat it with anti-viral medications that interfere with viral production in the body.

Jeff

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
A lot of good points made in this thread, and I much like all of you certainly hope that a cure to this terrible disease would not be withheld.

However, I really do believe that this guy Boyd is either a crazy or a complete fake. I spent some time on his official website looking at all he has done, to my dismay the so called flow chart he disscusses must be purchased from him for $7 per download :frowning: . Not an exorbiant fee but rather a significant money maker for him considering that millions of people have d/l this from him since he put it up:thumbsdown:. The man's claims also take on the feel of a black panther meeting since he claims that the HIV virus was basically the product of the white man trying to minimize black population growth, does he even take into account that this virus is global affecting white, black, and Chinese?

I think the guy is a fraud probably looking to gain attention (and at $7.00 a download) money from his fantastic conspiracy theories.It's a shame that a disease which has killed and infected lots of people has become the target of a sad, lonely, conspiracy theorists looking to make some extra money and get some attention.:thumbsdown:

Phil_L

Second Unit

You actually don't contract AIDS, you contract HIV. HIV weakens the immune system to the point where you get certain opportunisitic infections at which point you are said to have progressed to AIDS. AIDS is really a result of HIV.

But yes, you can only get it through certain bodily fluids of an infected person that get into your bloodstream.

Someone can surely explain it better than I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks