What's new

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Quick review (1 Viewer)

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
Still haven't caught this even now with it out on Bluray. Huge an of the first one, but sadly the reviews swayed me to stay away from this. With so many other films to watch, I just can't see putting in 2.5 hours.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Don't bother. It will literally diminish your life with each viewing. If you see it enough times, all that will remain of you will be an empty husk... like a cicada's shell still gripping the side of a tree trunk.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
JasonRoer said:
... Huge an of the first one, but sadly the reviews swayed me to stay away from this...
I was a pretty big fan of the first one to the point that I bought the 3D bluray of this one (part 2) as a blind purchase.

I have two words for this decision...

BIG MISTAKE!!!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
JoeDoakes said:
I don't know about that. As a long time fan of the Spiderman comic books of the 1960s and 1970s, I really liked the Tobey Maguire series, as I felt that it captured the spirit of those stories. The big problem was with Spiderman 3. It seemed to me like they probably originally had a compact story about Peter Parker becoming over confident and being tempted to go in the wrong direction as part of the Venom story. However, for some reason, telling a straightforward story wasn't enough, so a completely unnecessary Sandman plot was inserted. That film also seemed overlong, and it's not surprising that Sam Raimi did not want to do a Spiderman 4. Now with the Amazing Spiderman 2, how many villains were there: Electro, Rhino, Green Goblin? In my opinion, the true villain of the Spiderman films is none of those fellas. It's Sony. For some reason, the studio thinks that they don't even need to worry about the story and they can simply pack the film with characters and explosions and let that be enough. Sooner or later audiences get tired of being conned, and for Sony's Spiderman films, that time has come.
Thinking back to that film I agree, its the Sandman subplot that was unnecessary to that story. A lot of people were complaining about the addition of Venom including the director himself but it's Sandman that should have been given the boot. Plus the frankly dull Sandman storyline messed up a major plot point from the first movie, the death of Uncle Ben.

And if I remember right one of the big selling points of Spider-Man 3 was Spidey in that black suit.

Hmm I wonder who'll play Uncle Ben in the next reboot... Morgan Freeman? [wink]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks