What's new

Texas Chainsaw 3D (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
OK, I'm not the biggest fan of this series but I must admit that I was really won over by this film. It's a direct sequel to the first film (ala HALLOWEEN: H20) and it really has me excited on what's going to come next. I'm hoping I wasn't the only one who checked this one out (although I was the only one in the theater, which is strange since this was #1 at the box office). My full thoughts: :star::star::star: (out of 4) Heather Mills (Alexandra Daddario) and her three friends travel to a small Texas town so that she can claim her inheritance but soon she realizes that Leatherface (Dan Yeager) is in the basement and her past has a connection to him. TEXAS CHAINSAW is a film that's probably going to swing fans of the series both ways but overall I actually thought it was the second best film in the franchise behind the original of course. I will say that the producers, writers and director showed some serious balls because much like HALLOWEEN: H20, this film is a direct sequel to the first film. Yes, the events here don't fully match up with the events in that first film but it was interesting seeing the clips from the first movie and how they tied up what happened after Sally got away and then started this new story. Does it all work? Not at all but I still found the film to be a lot of fun. One reason is that Leatherface is returned to his full glory of being something rather scary and I thought there were a couple great jump scenes. I normally don't fall for these jumps scenes but the ones here worked. I also thought the film delivered some very memorable gore scenes but those paying the extra cash for the 3D will probably be cheated. In fact, the few "3D" moments here really take you out of what's going on. For the most part I thought the cast was a lot of fun and this includes Daddario in her role in the lead. I also thought Yeager made for a good Leatherface and perhaps the best since the first film. Speaking of which, it's nice seeing that Tobe Hopper and Kim Henkel were involved and we even have Gunnar Hansen and Marilyn Burns in small roles. I'm sure the ending will lead to some controversy among horror fans. While it's incredibly predictable what's going to happen, I must say I liked it and it made me excitement for a sequel. TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D is far from perfect but it's a good way to get the franchise back up and running.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I will wait for video since the wife doesn't like these type of films, but man I had no idea that it was a sequel to the original that brings on a whole new spin! Can't wait to see it now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks