What's new

Teaser poster for The Two Towers released (2 Viewers)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Man, that trailer is incredible. Helms Deep looks to be an amazing piece of film. How long 'till December?

-Dean-

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Ben, Tom, and Matthew,
Thanks for the help in downloading the trailer. I bypassed comingsoon this morning and came right to this thread. I wasn't disappointed:) HTF comes through again.
Good trailer, but it was mostly images previously seen with a few new moments. I am glad I got to see it...a high-res version will go down nice in a week:)
Again, gents, thanks for the help!
Take care,
Chuck

Kami

Screenwriter
Well it looks like that seller on ebay took the hint that the poster is popular, they just raised the prices 5 bucks!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Kami,
I think I got the last $14.96 one last night! The newest one listed was at $19.96. I hope it's a good copy...I'd hate to have to rebuy:)
Take care,
Chuck

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Ben! Worked like a charm through Download Accelerator! And I was able to pick up from my download on the other serve, so I taxed only half the usual bandwidth! Thanks again.:emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gotta say, very cool trailer. If Dobby was how you screw up a CG character adaptation, then Gollum is how you absolutely nail one. Dead on.

The only complaint I have about the trailer is showing Gandalf. Sort of ruins the surprise of him being alive again, doesn't it?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Considering that I complain to my wife all the time that time goes by too quickly, this is one time where I wish that December would hurry up and get here!!

PhilipW

Second Unit
I was disappointed already. Had not read the books and saw the trailer. I figured he would come back but wasn't for sure. From the looks of the trailer it looks like it will be early in the film.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I know this is a bit off topic, but I was hoping someone might know how to save the quicktime.com trailers to your hard drive?? I have tried everything without any luck.

Thanks.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I know this is a bit off topic, but I was hoping someone might know how to save the quicktime.com trailers to your hard drive?? I have tried everything without any luck.
Perry, right-click on the link to the movie and select Save Target As..., rather than left-clicking which opens it right in your browser window. Of course there are some QT movies that are designed so that people can't save them to their computers, but this Two Towers trailer is not one of them.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Ben,

Thank you for the reply. I was aware of the right-click method. So Apple designs some of the web pages to not allow a download to your local hard drive? There is no way around this??

Thanks.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Oh, I see you were referring to the movies on Quicktime.com. Sorry I didn't catch that. I think if you go to view source and find the URL of the .mov file, you can put the link in a web page and then do a "Save Target As..." Try this one:
Link Removed

Edit: Hmmmm...that doesn't seem to work. I guess I can't figure out a way around it.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a LOT to those who are hosting the trailer. I just checked it out, and the goosebumps are just now receding.

Re: the poster. So THAT'S the kind of poster we can get when the movie is a 'sure thing' and therefore doesn't need to be covered with head shots! (Or perhaps it's just because it's a 'teaser' poster?) Either way, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks