What's new

Teaser poster for The Two Towers released (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Holy Cow!!! Great Poster:emoji_thumbsup: And the trailer's not bad either.;) Shit December can't get here soon enough.
Can anyone name some good online sites for buying the copies of the original movie posters? Or at least good duplicates. I have really got to have this one.:D Thanks

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
John try eBay. There's a pile available for $19.95.

They were originally up there for 14.95 but quickly sold out and hence the price increase.

Saw the trailer - hoo boy! This is gonna rock!

Seriously there is going to be some major battle scenes here.

Actually the movie should have a great blend of big cinematic moments as well as quiet character scenes.

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah I bought mine from that xenosales seller back when they were $14.96, got an email yesterday saying it has been shipped! woohoo!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Errr... Why the hell not, it worked for the book, didn't it? And besides, you still have to get Frodo rescued from the orchold and such. I just hate that they're ruining what should have been the greatest film climax in cinematic history.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I don't mind Shelob being relegated to ROTK.

If that movie's going to be 3 hours, Frodo and Sam need more to do than just escape from the tower and walk to Mt. Doom, especially since The Scouring is out.

Audiences might also resent that much of a cliffhanger when they have to wait another year to see how it's resolved.

Besides, I think Jackson can make a good climax out of the scene where Frodo is almost caught by the Lord of the Nazgul as his forces are issuing from the gates of Minas Morgul.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
PJ has stated that he does want to leave audiences with cliffhanger endings...that might be a part of his decision process.
And Carlo, we both KNOW that it will be ONE Lord of the Rings movie...just 10+ hours long:)
Take care,
Chuck

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I know it's still along way's off, but I can't wait to see the poster art for ROTK! I have been totally impressed with the posters for the first movie, and I love the new one. Really good stuff so far.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Anyone ever heard of the TTT/ROTK Spoiler discussion thread? ;)
Seriously though, the Shelob thing is old news and has been discussed in depth right here at the HTF in the appropriate thread that doesn't have to be filled to "spoiler highlights".
That being said, I'd love to see the Shelob cliffhanger at the end of The Two Towers. But after thinking about it, I think it will work well for the films to move it to the beginning of ROTK. I agree with Peter Jackson that Frodo and Sam really don't have much to do in ROTK to carry their half of the movie, and this helps with that. Especially since the Scouring of the Shire is out.

While many people weren't thrilled that they didn't have the story wrapped up for them at the end of "FELLOWSHIP" and won't be thrilled that it isn't wrapped up at the end of "TOWERS", I think the general public would probably tend to even more put off by cliffhangers. Cliffhangers can be cool (especially for weekly episodic television), but my OPINION (and seemingly PJ's as well) is that it's not such a good idea for films (EMPIRE being the exception, not the norm).
Even though FOTR "just ended", it certainly didn't just stop cold. There was clearly an "end" to this chapter of the story: the fellowship is broken, a major character dies heroically (after redeeming himself), and the main character makes a big decision to which his story arc was building throughout the film (go on alone to his destiny). This is DIFFERENT from the BOOK. Remember, the book leaves us with Boromir still alive and the fellowship in the process of "breaking".
In moving "The Departure of Boromir" from The Two Towers to FOTR and completing that aspect of the story, Jackson gave us an emotionally satisfying ENDING to the movie that wasn't just a frustrating cliffhanger (IMO, of course). I believe he'll do the same thing with TTT.
And as it's been said a zillion time before, it's all meant to be ONE STORY anyway. Once all three films are available on DVD, where the "breaks" between parts 1, 2 & 3 are placed will be pretty much a non-issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks