What's new
World Wide Stereo

System improvement suggestions plz (1 Viewer)

JoeDam

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm not an experienced audiophile by any means, but I'm trying to learn First, let me outline my current system:

Marantz SR5200
Front - Mission M71
Centre - Infinity Kappa
Sub - Velodyne CHT10
Surround - No name crappy speakers

I'm looking to improve this system. Obviously the replacement of my surrounds are a priority, but I'm torn as to what to do. I've been toying with the idea of moving my M71s to be my surround speakers, and replacing them on the front with...ummm...(this is where suggestions would be appreciated). Or would I do better getting dedicated bi-polar surrounds? The room this system is in is not ideal, and the surrounds are somewhat offset from the rest of this system. I'm looking to spend about $500 CDN, but I'm flexible either way.

Any suggestions cheerfully accepted.

thanx

Joe

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

joseFMJ

Stunt Coordinator
I have Mission M70 on my fronts...with a Wharfedale sapphire as my center, and Wharfedale Diamonds doing surround duty. You could pick up another pair of Missions for surround duty or, get a pair of Infinity for the fronts that would match the Kappa. I am not familiar with the Kappa, so I am not sure if it would be superior to the Missions.
I like the sound of my Mission70. I think the 71's used a larger mid bass driver, so it would go lower than the 70's would.

TonyWright

Second Unit
You might be interested to know that www.onecall.com is clearing out their Kappas.

The Kappa 200 mains are $201.00 USD. (Bookshelf size)

I think the kappa 400 mains are $699.99 USD and the Kappa 600 mains are $999.95 USD. THese are both floor standers.

Not quite sure what you would be dealing with in regards to shipping and brokerage fees, but it may be worth a look.

Best of luck!

Tony

TonyWright

Second Unit
Sorry I misread a little before.

The Kappa 200s are $201.00 USD each.

I believe the floorstander prices are for pairs.

Sorry for the mixup.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks