What's new

SW-The Clone Wars movie Blu-ray out of print? (1 Viewer)

BillyR

Agent
Is the Blu-ray version of Star Wars:The Clone Wars (movie,2008) out of print? I've checked Walmart.com Best Buy.com & Amazon.com themselves (not including 3rd party sellers) and they don't have the Blu-ray version available but they do have the DVD version for sale.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hmm. I wonder if they moved to Dinesy (from Warner Bros) as some deal, or if they went OOP for another reason.
I do remember WB has had other cartoons go temporarily OOP from time to time, like The Flinstones and Scooby-Do: Where are You? only to come back in full series sets with new packaging. Frankly, it would make sense at this point to package ALL of the Clone Wars animated items, including the pre-EP III mini-episodes (which were only ever on DVD), in one mega package and have it include the final "lost episodes," which are available exclusively via streaming on NetFlix.

Thanks for bringing this up! I just checked, too, and found my Season 5 Blu-rays have the audio-sync issue with WB has done a replacement disc program for.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has established a replacement program for consumers encountering audio and other quality issues with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season 5. The replacement is also available to those who purchased the Season 1-5 Collector's Edition who are seeking resolution to these same issues.

To receive a replacement disc, simply call Warner Home Video's customer service help line at 1-800-553-6937 and speak with a live representative. Discs 1 & 2 are eligible for the replacement program, although some members are reporting that only Disc 2 is initially being offered; further discussion with a customer service rep is reportedly required to successfully receive both discs.

I'm calling them tomorrow!

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I read a rumor a little while ago that the whole Clone Wars series was being rerendered in 4K for Netflix streaming. Maybe they're going to make the series completely Netflix exclusive for a while.

BillyR

Agent
Mark Walker said:
Hmm. I wonder if they moved to Dinesy (from Warner Bros) as some deal, or if they went OOP for another reason.
I do remember WB has had other cartoons go temporarily OOP from time to time, like The Flinstones and Scooby-Do: Where are You? only to come back in full series sets with new packaging. Frankly, it would make sense at this point to package ALL of the Clone Wars animated items, including the pre-EP III mini-episodes (which were only ever on DVD), in one mega package and have it include the final "lost episodes," which are available exclusively via streaming on NetFlix.

Thanks for bringing this up! I just checked, too, and found my Season 5 Blu-rays have the audio-sync issue with WB has done a replacement disc program for.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has established a replacement program for consumers encountering audio and other quality issues with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season 5. The replacement is also available to those who purchased the Season 1-5 Collector's Edition who are seeking resolution to these same issues.

To receive a replacement disc, simply call Warner Home Video's customer service help line at 1-800-553-6937 and speak with a live representative. Discs 1 & 2 are eligible for the replacement program, although some members are reporting that only Disc 2 is initially being offered; further discussion with a customer service rep is reportedly required to successfully receive both discs.

I'm calling them tomorrow!
Does the DVD version have the same problem?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have heard no reports on the DVD having the same issue, but I would advise you to check your season 5 discs.

I tried both of mine, Season Five, Disc One, and Season Five, Disc Two, and neither would even finish loading on my main blu-ray player, which has all the latest firmware upgrades.

In my secondary player, which I use for UK region locked Blu-rays. they loaded fine, but the audio sync issue was clear to me.

I called WB today on my lunch break and they were great. They said I can expect my replacement Blu-rays in the next three weeks.

I will update again when they arrive and I try them out.

BillyR said:
Does the DVD version have the same problem?

BillyR

Agent
Mark Walker said:
I have heard no reports on the DVD having the same issue, but I would advise you to check your season 5 discs.

I tried both of mine, Season Five, Disc One, and Season Five, Disc Two, and neither would even finish loading on my main blu-ray player, which has all the latest firmware upgrades.

In my secondary player, which I use for UK region locked Blu-rays. they loaded fine, but the audio sync issue was clear to me.

I called WB today on my lunch break and they were great. They said I can expect my replacement Blu-rays in the next three weeks.

I was thinking about getting the Seasons 1-5 Blu-ray collectors edition, but I'm wondering if these problems have been fixed yet?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Mark Walker said:

Mark,
Both my disks loaded fine. I did not notice any issues on disk one (very fast spot-check); but did definitely noticed the sound sync issue on disk two. Did you, and where, notice any issues on disk one? I would like to know before I call customer service. I really appreciate all the information you are providing on this issue.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
BillyR said:
I was thinking about getting the Seasons 1-5 Blu-ray collectors edition, but I'm wondering if these problems have been fixed yet?
Hi Billy,

Unknown. I think it all depends on if they had to restock more after the intial packing went out and if it was after the issues were resolved. It could even depend on the vendor. Honstly, WB made it so easy to request the replacement discs, I would not sweat it, but I also would order from a vendor that likely has to get it from WB and is not pulling it out of a warehouse where it has been sitting since October 2013, which is when I ordered mine (and when it was first released).

You could also call them and ask if the UPC or another maker changed to let folks know if they got a fixed set or not. When I watched the video of someone getting their replacement Blu-rays, I did noticed the art work on the discs appeared identical.
bujaki said:
Mark,
Both my disks loaded fine. I did not notice any issues on disk one (very fast spot-check); but did definitely noticed the sound sync issue on disk two. Did you, and where, notice any issues on disk one? I would like to know before I call customer service. I really appreciate all the information you are providing on this issue.
Hi Bujaki,
Disc one of season five not loading on my perfectly fine main Blu-ray player was enough for me to ask for a replacment along with disc two.

I did not spot check it past it not loading. I did check my disc two, because it reportedly has the most ovbiouvs of the auidio sync issues.

Here is a link to a you tube video that shows it off, since we can see lips moving as opposed o bunch of robots and clones with helmets on obfucscating the synce issue.

If your disc one loads fine, you're probably good to go. Disc two got the lion's share of the complaints.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Stephen Brooks said:
I read a rumor a little while ago that the whole Clone Wars series was being rerendered in 4K for Netflix streaming. Maybe they're going to make the series completely Netflix exclusive for a while.
Netflix only has exclusive streaming rights doesnt extend to sell thru. The studios are in business to monetize and separate windows does the trick.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Mark Walker said:
You may want to clear the player cache; there could be a data conflict there that is making it difficult for BD-Java discs to load properly.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The Blu-ray for The Clone Wars: Disc 1 arrived today, but not disc 2.

I will be calling today to find out if they should have arrived together. If not, they need to send disc 2, too.

I will update when this is resolved.

Mark Walker said:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Brandon Conway said:
You may want to clear the player cache; there could be a data conflict there that is making it difficult for BD-Java discs to load properly.
How would you do this?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I called Customer Service to report the sync issue on disc 2 and request a replacement disc. No questions asked (except name and address). A week later I received BOTH discs!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
On a related note, Bill Hunt is reporting that we might get an announcement in about three weeks for
The Clone Wars - The Lost Episodes on Blu-ray and DVD and that they will be released by the end of 2014.

This would make me very happy, as I thought they were some of the best episodes of the series.

Hopefully my next update to this thread will be that I got disc 2 replacement in the mail, but they've got another week plus for it to arrive and be on schedule per the customer service person.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I received the replacement for disc 2 on Thursday.
I played it this morning and the audio-sync issue is resolved.

Great customer service at WB!!!
Mark Walker said:
The Blu-ray for The Clone Wars: Disc 1 arrived today, but not disc 2.

I will be calling today to find out if they should have arrived together. If not, they need to send disc 2, too.

I will update when this is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks