What's new

SVS Sub vs. Martin Logan Sub....Help? (1 Viewer)

AndyTod

Grip
I ma in the market for two subs to go with my HT set-up. I plan on using two subs to even out the bass in the room. I would like not to know where the bass is coming from.

The two subs I am looking at are the Martin Logan Dynamo or the SVS PB12-ISD. Both are in my price range (600 per sub).

THe room is 12 x 24 and will be used 90% time for movies/tv/video games and the rest music.

I have had the chance to listen to the ML sub and was impressed. I am looking at the SVS based on the responses in this forum.

Any advice

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Crossed over below 80 Hz you'll find it kind of hard being able to localize the direction of where low bass frequencies originate from, so you'll be OK.

Now, the Martin Logan Dynamo sub (good looking, by the way) utilize a 10" bass driver...but so does the SVS PB10-ISD (another good looking 'lil sub!)...and the latter offers far greater performance by virtue of being a TRUE subbass reproducer, and do so at comparable cost.

The SVS PB12-ISD is a 12" bass driver-based sub, which will easily outperform the ML sub in all areas of sonic importance...albeit at a slight higher cost.

My .02 cents...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks