What's new

Survivor South Pacific official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I thought I was done with Survivor but here I am again. So happy that a tribe actually showed some sanity with the first vote off. Semhar was useless so she had to go. I cannot believe that none of those who were arguing to vote her off did not simply state the obvious, after three days she was gassed in a challenge, what do you think she'll be like in six, nine, twelve days? No one gains strength and endurance in this game. She would have even more useless, if that is possible, in the days to come.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Cochran (or as I was calling him, "Woody Allen Jr.") is pretty useless too, and far more annoying with his constant whining and neuroses. Either one would have made a good first elimination choice.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Even my kids realized the only reason Ozzie wanted Semha to stay was because he had the hots for her. If she would have stayed (or if she comes back from RI) she would have been a huge distraction for Ozzie and it would have affected his decision making. We thought it would have been a shame for Cochran to go home first after dreaming about being on the show for so long. So she was the best choice. (Are we supposed to be impressed that she was able to recite something on demand when it's her career choice?)

And what's with these people who come on the show and expect to never take off their clothes, or don't seem to realize they'll be sleeping outdoors in uncomfortable conditions for five weeks? Don't they prepare themselves? Or do they get a phone call saying "You're on the show and you have five minutes to pack. Your car is waiting outside?"

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Even when people see Brandon's tattoo, how many of them will notice what it says and how many of them know Russell's last name? That still wouldn't mean they were related. I think he has a bigger issue with having the shirt 1/3 on and making people wonder if he's hiding something.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
^^^ - really? You think that none of these people wouldn't recognize (I'm Russell) Hanz on Survivor? I don't think you could be more wrong.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Christopher,

Agreed. The second he takes off his shirt and people see the tattoo,

I bet you an entire episode will be dedicated to survivors questioning him

on it and talking about it privately.

It will be instantly recognizable.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Good first episode. Kind of embarrassing that neither Coach or Ozzy could tackle the puzzle portion of the reward challenge without some serious help from their team. (in no way am I saying that I could have done better, but these guys have some serious time put into survivor). I really can not see either Ozzy or Coach winning this thing. Russell and Rob were serious players, playing to win. Coach and Ozzy seem more like Jimmie Johnson. They are here to encourage and coach, but not to win. At least that's how I see it so far.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Boy does Brandon have some real disturbing psychological issues. I would vote him off ASAP just so I could sleep sounder at night.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Did you see the outtakes from ep 1 on The Soup last Friday? Joel zeroed in on Brandon's obsession. He (Brandon) came off very stalkerish. We couldn't get that out of our heads as we watched him last night. You are right. Especially if I was Mikaela (sp?), I would be very concerned for my safety. Tho' I presume that if he went bunny boiler on the girl, the cameramen and other behind-the-scenes crew would break the 4th wall and restrain him.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am happy with the vote this week. I think Christine's raised

eyebrows managed to walk out of Tribal council before she did.

Count me in as also being concerned about Brandon's behavior.

It's very odd and borderline dangerous. He definitely carries the

Hantz gene.

The next person I would like to see voted out is Cochran. His

nerdiness is becoming increasingly to tolerate.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah...uhm....kind of embarrasing thing to

say.

On another note what was that black, bubbling

substance in the rocky water that they were showing?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
We were wondering about that too. First thought was that some Lovecraftian abomination was coming to devour them all. Now that would be a show.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Agree with the votes last week and this week. The perfect people to go. Neither Christine or Semha would ever have fit in, just had the wrong personalities for Survivor. I can't see either one being happily welcomed back from Redemption Island, that should be fun to watch. Hantz definitely has some problems, think he'll get busted fairly soon for who he really is if he doesn't guilt himself into it and confess to more than just Coach. Do not care for the medical marijuana dealer. His whole attitude of getting rid of the people not at the "cool" table is just so arrogant. Even though he admits he's just barely sitting at the "cool" table, he just rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully the "uncool" people start standing up for themselves a bit more, although that could simply CBS not showiing much of them to re-enforce the outcast persona.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hantz is disturbing. Not to mention hypocritical. Good lord, you're going to vote someone off because they're a temptation? Really? I'm thinking there is some history of unfaithfulness there. His uncle was at least clever and entertaining, even if he was a villain. Brandon is neither. He's just creepy. :P

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Tony Whalen said:
Hantz is disturbing. Not to mention hypocritical. Good lord, you're going to vote someone off because they're a temptation? Really? I'm thinking there is some history of unfaithfulness there. His uncle was at least clever and entertaining, even if he was a villain. Brandon is neither. He's just creepy. :P
I'm thinking they should keep him away from the machete.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Originally Posted by MarkMel

I'm thinking they should keep him away from the machete.

I'm thinking they should keep him away from my TV screen.

If I did not love this show, he would be costing them a viewer. I don't "Love to hate him", I just hate to watch him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tony Whalen said:
I'm thinking there is some history of unfaithfulness there.
I read something last week on a site that I tried to link to here but the post has been removed, it was posted by Brandon's wife and she spoke of years of physical violence on both their parts, it was really sad to read, I wish I could find it again. Anyhoo yes, the man has issues, what bother me more than anything is that Mikayla seems to have no clue that she's drawn the attention of this nutcase, if she at least knew she could be wary of him but right now she has this creep secretly leering at her and harboring all sorts of weird thoughts without her knowledge. At least Coach has some idea, I just hope he tells Mikayla at some point or she finds out somehow. I laughed my ass off when Cochran revealed that, let's forget for a moment that it's always a good idea to have someone watch you for safety reasons but I also think that little nugget of wisdom from ma Cochran came from the fact that the poor kid could barely lift the damn thing. :laugh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was hoping that Brandon's tribe would lose the challenge

this week, and he would go home. It's getting rather painful

to watch this guy continually unravel week after week.

I don't understand why people have to tell others that they

have the hidden immunity idol. I suppose it's the typical

urges that accompany "I have a secret!" Still, you would
think from learned history that you can't trust anyone with

an immunity idol secret, and already we are watching one

person's trust violated as the secret spreads. Once it is

known you have an idol, basically your head is on the
chopping block.

I have no problem with Papa Bear going home tonight.

Amazing to watch his desperate attempt to craft an immunity

idol. The next person to be voted out on that tribe should and

will be Cochran.

Not a bad season thus far. Kind of "catch 22" feelings

as we move forward. Here I am hoping the most troublesome

personalities are voted off, yet after they are gone, I don't

know if the show can sustain its entertainment value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks