What's new

Survivor South Pacific official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Story Here

I have no idea who Ozzy is (before my time as a fan of the show, obviously),

but I do know Coach.

There is also pictures of the cast in the article including these pieces of eye candy:

Really, one of the very few really hot women on the show this season, IMO.

Plus, according to this article, some changes:

Meanwhile, Probst told EW that the duels will only have two people this season (so half the cast won’t still be around at the end of the game), and clues to the immunity idol’s location won’t be distributed, but they’ll be hidden, too. No clue as to where the clue is. Once you find the clue, then you have to find the idol.” Of course, since people have found idols without the clue, this may be unnecessary.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ozzy was a beast on the challenges (more about speed and agility), got cocky in the "all-star-ish" season he was on a few years ago, but was dominating for a good while. Mikayla and Elyse are the eye candy, though there is also a blonde, Whitney, that's is easy on the eyes as well.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
When does the new season start? It's one of those episodes that you can't save in your DVR as Survivor, because each season has a different name, IE Survivor: All Stars. Therefore, it doesn't automatically record for me each season unless I set it to. Arg.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Bitter Ozzy from Fan vs Favs was hysterical! Coach...enough already with this guy. Hope they are the first 2 from their tribes gone. Why is CBS so intent on injecting their reality shows with retreads? Are the numbers down the last few seasons with new casts?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I’m still trying to decide whether or not I’ll be tuning in this season. I really got sick and tired of the show after they brought Rob back for the fourth time. Or was it the 5th. I know some people will say he was the only interesting thing about last season but I content that having a reality TV professional like Rob on actually retarded the development of the other cast members personalities as so many of them were in awe of him from the start.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have always had mixed feelings on this "guest star" formula
on Survivor.

On the one hand, I liked Russell, despite the fact he turned

into a sniveling individual when he lost the final bout on
Redemption Island.

On the other hand...and this is a biggie...

I like watching people for who they are, trying to make

it together on an island as survivors.

However, what the show has taught these newcomers is

that you can have a television career if you stand out of

the pack.

This is why the show bred people like Coach, Russell and

even Phillip (from last season).

Could this have been the real people who weren't acting?

Perhaps.

However, when you bring these people back in the capacity

of a "guest star" then the pressure is on them to really carry

the show as the character they introduced to the audience.

My fear is that these guys will be loonier than usual and

will attempt to hog the spotlight in the same way that Russell

and Boston Rob did last season. Rob loved the camera, and

week after week he gave the narrative for the whole show.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Repeatedly bringing back cast members is ruining the show for me. It's not what I'm interested in. We enjoy the occasional All Stars, Second Chances, etc shows, but injecting a former cast members just to have them on doesn't work for me. I doubt anyone tuned in last season specifically because Boston Rob was back, and I doubt anyone will be watching specifically because Coach is back. I don't see the point other than they're running out of ideas, and I don't need new ideas to help me enjoy the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I keep waiting for a season where we get someone who is honestly a macguyver esque character who really shakes stuff up with some radical building or something like that. I watched the first two seasons of Discovery's "The Colony" and started thinking about those kind of things. Even with basic components, I always wait every year for someone to figure out how to build together something stunning.

It won't happen, but I keep waiting.

"How's tribe X doing?"

"Well, using three bamboo shoots, a set of coconuts, and one of the pots we won in a challenge, we are fermenting our own kind of coconut alcohol, it's not so strong, but it's not bad.. and it works wonders on cuts"

:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, this show ain't called 'Survival", which would be an interesting project (unless contestant end up with life-long injuries through the conditions of such an undertaking for prize money).

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I like the returning cast members concept. While in the past I always found it exciting to see the new cast on the first episode of the season, after about 10 or 15 seasons that changed for me and those first few episodes started to become tedious. I no longer cared as much. Now, on season 20-something, having returning cast members helps make those first few episodes a lot more interesting. I totally understand that so many of you would disagree with that and wouldn't care to see Ozzy and Coach or anyone else back again, though. As for the choices - I'm not too crazy about them and would have prefered other people to return. Coach is a great character but he seems wasted. He's not a good player and the only way he'd make it far is if a smarter player carried him like Phillip last season. And Ozzy is a great player but his ego got the best of him. I grew tired of him quickly the last time he played.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I just saw Ozzy on American NInja Warrior running the first qualifier course. He didn't make it past the Bridge of Blades.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
That is some horrible looking hair on Ozzy this season. Brandon Hantz is a marked man if he tells anyone his last name, regardless of what kind of person he is.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Don't forget to set your DVR for tonight's premier.

I am changing the title of this thread to make it more official.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Interesting first episode. Some pretty awesome eye candy. Semha....a spoken word artist....another way to say unemployed I suppose. Good thing she "brought game" when challenged to throw down on the spoken word thingy....

Little Hantz is funny - does he really think he can keep his shirt on for 39 days on a Pacific Island paradise? Wow. Also - seems like he has some serious issues with his self control when he was discussing his feelings toward Mikayla. Double wow...

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Little Hantz seems nearly as lacking in self-awareness as his uncle.

By the way, why get a tattoo of your own name even once, let alone 2 times?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I share Christopher's concern. You can't keep your shirt on for the entire game.

The eventual reveal is going to be quite interesting.

Must say, this is the second season in a row that I have immediately connected

with the players. Very interesting array of survivors this year. Think the show is

going to be very entertaining.

I give credit to the ex-NYC cop for revealing that he is gay, though that would
not have been too difficult to figure out on our own.

Would rather have seen the highly annoying Cochran voted off before Semhar

(nice eye candy), but his time will come very shortly.

Good to have the show back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks