What's new

Survivor South Pacific official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Ronald Epstein said:
Not a bad season thus far. Kind of "catch 22" feelings

as we move forward. Here I am hoping the most troublesome

personalities are voted off, yet after they are gone, I don't

know if the show can sustain its entertainment value.
I think I am in the same place as you. I hope it gets better. :(

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
The next person to be voted out on that tribe should and will be Cochran
I'm not sure you saw the previews for next week at the end of the episode, and how much editing plays a part - but it seems like Cochran figures out that he is next, and makes a play to target Ozzy instead of himself. I think that Cochran is at least funny to listen too and seems to finally be getting over the fact that he is playing the game that he is a huge fan of. I'm not sure if he can actually pull this move off, and if it is smart to get rid of one of your strongest challenge competitors so early in the game. I'm looking forward to next week to see what happens. It would be funny if Ozzy ends up getting booted again with an idol in his pocket.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The one part of last week's show that I got a big chuckle out of

was when Semha started reading that poetry before the challenge.

The look on Probst's face was priceless!

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Then after that how she stated she gave it her all - lol She wanted to tap out of the coconut chucking challenge after she threw only a few.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Another so - so episode. :rolleyes: Brandon struggles with censoring his mouth, and the battle of good vs. evil within him. There was only a couple interesting things that happen in this episode for me. I was surprised to see Brandon and Jim match Rupert et. al record of 220 lbs during the weighted bags on a pole immunity challenge. The only other interesting thing in this episode is It seems to me that Rick (the Rancher) is trying so hard to fly under the radar that he was annoyed that Jeff asked him a question at tribal council. Hugs at tribal council after you get voted out? :confused: What a great idea. I'm sure Coach will be down for it when he gets voted out. :D

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
That hug non-moment was hysterical!

Coach: "Let's give her a hug"

Stacey:

Probst looked like he was going to crack up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's uncanny how much Cochran sounds like Woody Allen.

Keep in mind that Brendan's creepiness might be owed--in large part--to the "edit" he's getting from the producers. But, without a doubt the guy has obviously got some major issues.

My wife and kids and I were going through this season's reality shows (Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser) and speculating on winners and as I surveyed the cast list for this season of Survivor it was really difficult to find someone who i would think would be able to actually get to the end. (Can no one make the finals?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
And part of the reward was they got to keep the meat they pulled off - lol yuck! "We'll just wash off the spit"

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
yeah - it was hard to not feel a little nauseous after that one.

How about Ozzie's complete cock-up on saying coach should get rid of Albert thereby revealing his own strategy for dumping alliance members. Cochran's monologue about Ozzie was freaking hysterical as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ozzie is coming off like a real jerk this season. His edit has got to be changing fan's perspective on the "cute little athletic guy who kicked butt in challenges but was naive in social strategy." Nearly every reaction shot they use of him shows him to be a moody, brooding sort.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Ozzie is coming off like a real jerk this season.

I thought Ozzy came off like an entitled jerk in Fans vs Favorites. He got a good edit in Cook Islands, but only because he was on the scrappy Aitu tribe. But if you recall, he was the one who suggested they throw the challenge to vote off Billy Garcia (which they did).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know what's missing from this South Pacific island?

A school locker. That's right..a school locker.

They need a school locker that they can stuff Cochrane

into. That guy is just beyond annoying and I can't wait

until he gets voted off.

I understand the logic of voting Elise off instead. She was

Ozzy's love slave and though she's great eye candy, I can

see why she concerned the group.

How crazy is it when it seems like Coach is playing the smartest strategic game of the entire group?!?

It is crazy. Coach is my pick to win. In fact, I can't believe

how much I like him this season. He's actually trying to play

an honest game. I was quite proud upon finding the idol on his

own, he shared it with the teammates that shared the clue.

Outside of Coach, there isn't anyone that stands out as likeable.

The season started off on a high note, but slowly it's getting kind

of stale and the people that are left...well...you really just don't care

'bout them. I guess that's why Coach is in the position that he is.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I agree- strange as it seems Coach really does have a shot. It looks like Ozzy's tribe may implode, which could give Coach the numbers after the merge. He already got the two biggest malcontents voted off his tribe, and even with Brandon's issues I think he'll be able to keep them together long enough to Pagong the rest of Ozzy's minions. Who's going to stop him? Not Jim- one of those guys who thinks he knows the game but really doesn't - if he did he never would have orchestrated the blind side on Elyse this early. Ozzy may be gone before the merge even with an idol in his pocket. That guy never learns.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This season isn't really grabbing me for some reason. I guess after coming off "The Robbfather" and crazy ass Philip last year anything would pale in comparison, but I just don't find any of this season's contestants all that interesting. As for the challenge, I think that may be the most disgusting one yet. The fact that they got to keep the meat everyone drooled all over almost made me gag on my couch. Gotta admit, I did get a kick out of Cochran saying they probably all had herpes now. :laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just hoping the 2nd phase (post-merge) is better because I'm not into this season much yet. Plus, I wish they'd send Brandon to RI soon, can't stand the dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks