What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

I wonder what their thinking was. Because if they spoke about who to vote for in a re vote, then they already discussed that Marty didn't play the idol resulting in the tie, soooooo. Maybe they will explain in reunion.

I'm hoping they explain things at the beginning of the next episode (like when they show them returning to camp). It was obviously clear to them what they doing...just not clear to the viewers.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not an overwhelmingly edge-of-your-seat evening.

Kind of knew either Marty or Jill would be going home.

The only surprise is that Marty handed over the immunity

idol. If his tribe continues losing challenges he will probably

be next.

Naonka is still the one person I am gunning for to leave

but Brenda wouldn't be a bad choice either.

So many episodes in and this still isn't the most memorable

group of Survivors and I definitely am not enjoying this

season as much as past ones. However, that being said,

I still look forward to watching Survivor week after week.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I don't know why Marty just handed over the idol like that. It really made no sense at all. He'd be next after Jill anyway - followed by Jane, who is delusional.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell

I don't know why Marty just handed over the idol like that. It really made no sense at all. He'd be next after Jill anyway - followed by Jane, who is delusional.

+1

Marty himself said that he hoped handing over the idol would keep him around for one more cycle and he'd make it to the merge. Wouldn't have keeping/playing the idol this week have accomplished the same thing?!?

And, finally...Kelly S ("Purple Kelly") is featured doing something. She was a member of the pairs designated to roll the balls down the open tubes and break the tiles. She has been featured even less than Yves was. I hope I haven't jinxed her (like I apparently did Yves). I sure don't want her going home any time soon.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Marty has 9 lives, it would seem. Had he not made the deal, and played the idol to protect himself, he moves on in the game, but has no more idols. But giveing up the idol was a gamble since Sash and Brenda could have been dishonorable and voted him out after Marty gave up the idol. Now, Marty is still at Sash's mercy in terms of getting the idol back "if needed" in the next tribal council. Though things will get murky in the next week's episode when it comes to Sash's idol (via Marty). But Marty's still in the game (and basically idol-less for now), so he's still hanging in there.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I can't believe 2 things -- first that Marty gave up the idol - and second that they didn't vote him off when they had him on the ropes TWICE in a row now .... I thought sure him giving up the idol would go down in Survivor history as the stupidest move EVAR!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, looks like JT still has the title of playing the dumbest move when he gave Russell the idol in the recent all-star season.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure. That group may vote off what's his name after his blunder in tribal council, and the fact that he now has the idol. If they all knew I had the idol I'd throw it in the fire in front of all of them to get the target off my back.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was so hoping Sash would have gotten voted off for his Freudian slip. That would have been so karmically funny.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Do they always do re-votes when there is a tie?

I specifically remember Cirie and another woman having to build a fire, getting the flames as high as possible until it burned through a piece of twine stretched several feet in the air across the fire. I suppose it may have been part of a challenge, but I thought for sure it was from a tie at tribal council.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Stan

Do they always do re-votes when there is a tie?

I specifically remember Cirie and another woman having to build a fire, getting the flames as high as possible until it burned through a piece of twine stretched several feet in the air across the fire. I suppose it may have been part of a challenge, but I thought for sure it was from a tie at tribal council.

I also recall ties being broken by a firemaking challenge(s) -- seems it happened at least twice in the past IIRC.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also in the past, after the re-vote is still deadlocked, then the 2 people targetted for the boot are safe, and then the rest of the tribe pick a rock out of a bag, and whoever picks the purple got sent home.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Don't they use the rocks now? After a revote, if still a tie, then all tribe members pick rocks? I remember in the past people would know it was going to be a tie and would practice fire making with their allies.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It finally hit me tonight....Fabio is the real life version of Brad Pitt's character, Floyd, in True Romance. Dead ringer in both his look and the way he acts.

As for the vote, I can't believe that the one who actually stole the food stays in the game and the accomplice gets the boot. I keep hoping every week her obnoxious ass will get voted out and I keep being disappointed. I will say that Marty is beginning to grate on me almost as much as Nanookie.......almost.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
It seems that "Nanookie" is being targeted by more than a few of the players as the one to take to the final 3, making sure you will get more votes than her, as she is just so annoying to the other players. The stealing the food actually helped her cause in their mind, making her even more likely to get no votes from the jury. No one wants to bring another Tina to the final vote...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Little late to the table as I have been traveling.

What is wrong with these people? Naonka stole

food. Is that worthy of her staying?

As George Costanza's coach would say, "Can't standza, Can't standza!"

Just want her to go home.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I have to say that this is the worst season since Fiji. Unlikable cast, although Fiji at least had Yau Man. But the most frustrating thing is Tribal Council -- the way the episodes are edited and the outcome of TC don't match up, and the results are puzzling, to say the least.

I can only assume that the bulk of the cast is boring as dirt because they focus too much on NaOnka and Marty, the two least appealing cast members. And there is just no one to root for other than maybe Jane. Holly gives me the creeps.

The other similarity between Fiji and Nicaragua is that they both aired after high water marks for the series -- Fiji after Cook Islands and Nicaragua after HvV. So it's only natural that there will be a let down. Note that the yawn inducing Gabon happened after the great Fans vs Favorites as well.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It also seems that Jeff is really working to point out things that will cause a contentious TC. It's almost like he's trying to make something interesting happen, much more so than in other seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks