What's new

Survivor: China (Survivor #15) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
They really could have justified swapping the players back--after all, kidnapping is a big part of the pre-merge this season and the players always return to their tribe at the immunity challenge.

I think they should've just given immunity to the people kidnapped. Would have inspired more strategic discussion than "Let's pick their strongest people."

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Good Lord, am I glad to see Sherea go - that woman is delusional! Let's hope crack-whore Courtney is next.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They just keep upping the "fear factor" factor in these eating challenges. That chicken fetus showdown was just...ewwww....

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This season's been consistently great so far--the last one I can remember that had the first six episodes on this level is Palau. Maybe even Pearl Islands.

Of course, I couldn't help but be disappointed last night, because even though it was excellent, it would have been absolutely superb had Todd's idol plan worked.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, you have to love Courtney telling people "on her side" that she's not really totally on their side when she's more into saving Sherea than putting up with J-R on a strategic level. Todd just had to be fuming at Courtney during Tribal Council as Courtney lets loose her personal feelings of alienation from the "group", and, in the process, airs some dirty laundry within their tribe that didn't need to be aired. But Courtney is a me-first thinker, not a game theory thinker (you don't just vote to keep who you think will keep you in the game, but you also have to offer a reason for others to vote that's also in their best interest, which aligns with your best interest). If you annoy her, she focuses on her personal displeasure instead of embracing the bigger picture. Can't wait for Courtney to be expelled from the game.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

I agree Anthony. It's been very interesting seeing how the kidnap the other tribe member/hidden immunity idol situation has played out. I'm really enjoying this season and have no idea how this thing will shake out once the merge happens.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How about the level of dysfunction that went into that whole HII disaster?!

I'm not referencing the immunity food challenge itself (that's another whole story)...but the "discovery" of the HII with Todd, Amanda & Frosty. What a cluster----.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Am I wrong, or did they sit Courtney out twice in a row?
Because they always sit her out for reward challenges, which always struck me as strange, since you want to have your strongest members for the more important immunity challenges. Then last week, they only had one challenge, an immunity, and they sat her out for that. And that made me happy because they were onto a more logical routine now. Except they sat her out again for the Reward Challenge. How can they do this?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I saw it as Amanda being the dumb one--playing her game of "something to do"--by knocking down the roofing tiles of that little pavilion structure which included the HII. She was the one actually "looking for the idol" with others in the area.

Then, Frosty moved into the picture and scaled the structure to also flail at the shingles...and then Todd nervously jumped in to try and get the idol without Frosty being any the wiser. Ooops. Didn't work.

The whole thing played out like the Keystone Cops.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I guess that must be the rule - since I'm sure Jeff would have said something if they sat Courtney out when they couldn't.
I still don't understand the logic of making Courtney sit out reward challenges rather than immunity challenges.

And, thanks for the correction. I had forgotten that it was Amanda that started the inept hunt for the immunity idol.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"I still don't understand the logic of making Courtney sit out reward challenges rather than immunity challenges."

It's called being stupid. She is obviously a liability in any challenge, so they should be holding her out of the immunity ones (which are more important) - or better yet - just vote her off.......(I wish...)

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
My merge prediction.

Amanda, Denise, James, and Todd seem to be pretty tight as Fei Long. Frosti and Jean-Robert are outsiders leaning toward Fei Long. That's 6.

Courtney drove herself out of Fei Long, likely joining Zhan Hu (Erik, Jaime, Peih-Gee) next week. That's 4. Zhan Hu must get either Frosti or JR, but Frosti seem reluctant and Courtney will balk at JR.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Man oh man was that the funniest thing ever!

I kept thinking that maybe they would be smart enough to actually look at the idols that James had and possibly switch them out, but having Jaime actually play the fake idol was a riot. Waaaaaaaay more enjoyable!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Loved it. Best episode of the most consistent season since Pearl Islands.

Jaime playing the "idol" was funny enough...but Probst tossing it in the fire and Jean-Robert laughing hysterically was the icing on the cake.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm in total agreement that the "Hidden Idol" move by Jaime was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. It definitely would make my "Best of" reel. And her comments during the credits show that she really didn't have a clue. I hope she is embarrassed when she sees the playback (but I'm not betting on it). Jaime singlehandedly set back blondes several decades with that move.
:D

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ya know, Jeff hadn't even mentioned immunity idols yet during tribal councils (that the editors have let us see), so I was wondering if players were going to HAVE to play them before the votes were read (like last season)...or play them after the votes were read (like in all other seasons).

When Jaime played her faux HII tonight, and he explained the rules, Jeff never once mentioned when the idols needed to be played.

Good episode. Loved the way James told Jean-Robert during TC that he just "talks too much!" :D

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

I keep thinking about how she kept going on and on about how the tribe just thinks she is dumb, but little do they know... LOL! I still can't figure out why anyone (not just dumb blondes) never thought to check the idol with the two James had. Especially when they found out he had two of them.... they should have seen that something didn't add up.

Still a great moment in Survivor history seeing her play a piece of wood. ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks