What's new

Survivor: China (Survivor #15) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The thing about Courtney is, she's probably at or near her normal caloric intake. Everyone assumes she will waste away even more -- but she could possibly be the first Survivor to gain weight during her stay.

Leslie is so inane -- she claims that the reason the other team won the challenge was because of heart, not muscle -- except the reason they won was because of the tremendous head start resulting from Courtney's lack of muscle.

BTW, it's Amanda who looks like Angelina Jolie at times, not Jamie. I mixed up the names.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, some of these challenges are getting to be like UFC. Personally, I think it's entertaining when they have the physical challenges, but I'm surprised they did it two weeks in a row instead of spreading them out a little. I'm also shocked that "Twiggy" didn't get voted out as she is going to be a huge liability anytime something physical needs to be done. I really can't see her staying around too much longer, but then again she might continue to skate by like she did this week and end up going farther than anyone expects.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
Anyone know if it's possible to watch the first episode online or if/when it will be repeated? We missed it.

best regards, lm

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode last night, I really thought Sherea was going so this was the first time in several seasons I was so surprised by who got the boot.

The challenges were both pretty cool, but Probst needs to shut up with the commentary. Especially in the reward challenge, which seemed like it required a lot of concentration from the players--if I was so distracted as a viewer I can't imagine how they felt.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
James to Dave (as Dave goes to embrace him after being given a lime to eat): "Aw, man. You'll be all right. I told you about the hugging." (Dave quickly backs off.)

:laugh:

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I was laughing at that too. That dude looked like a gladiator in the challange with the armor.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
That tribe is SO stupid. Dave may have been annoying and an egomaniac, but he did a lot around camp and Sherea is completely useless IMHO. Like Anthony, for the first time in a while I was completely shocked by who got the boot.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I can understand the tribe voting Dave out, but it was definitely a mistake voting Dave out over Sherea. How can you keep her around, especially after that pathetic line in tribal council where she basically said that she doesn't do anything around camp because she doesn't enjoy being around camp. Awful. Dave at least is productive - but I think the tribe thought we managed to function the one day Dave was gone, we can function perfectly well now without Dave.

The thing I find insane is the way the other tribe keeps sitting Courtney out for reward challenges. You sit your weakest player out on immunity challenges, since it is those challenges that actually mean something in the grand scheme of the game.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I gotta agree with the strategy of booting off either James or Aaron (because of the total numbers situation) but I cannot believe the girls did it unilaterally and were so silly/arrogant/childish about it. Erick would have every right to doubt them at any turn.

Aaron & James certainly should have tried to make a play with Erick. Based on what we saw, they seemed to roll over pretty easy without stirring the pot at all.

Can't remember the tribes' names...but cannot believe the smaller tribe didn't realize the other tribe wouldn't have gotten the same message about selecting two "warriors" from the other tribe. Guess they didn't graduate tops of their class! :laugh:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

When I saw them talking to him, I thought that the only way to make this fantastic episode any better would be for them to pull off a coup and get rid of Peih-Gee.

Aaron joins the very short list of people who got genuinely screwed over in this game (Silas, Andrew, Jenny...and that's it).

James T

Screenwriter
Yesterday's episode was good. I'm still thinking about the decision the girls made, and I still don't see the logic behind it. I could understand them getting rid of Aaron/James IF they lost, but not throwing it purposely. And if you are throwing it purposely, make it look like you're putting effort, so you can at least lie. By throwing it the way they did, it'll be hard for anyone (new or old alliances) to trust them.

If I were James, I'd consider punching the girls in the face. Lawsuit, assault charges and a boot off the show...but it might be worth it. But seriously, if I were James, I'd try to strike a deal with Jeff at Tribal Council to make it a solo game at the next immunity challenge (maybe James vs the two other tribes?). James + girls + Erick = 100% loss. If it's James alone, at least he has a chance....small chance, but still a chance.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The strategy is: the girls figured by throwing the challenge they get to vote off a member of the other tribe so that when they hit the merge, they have a better chance (with their former tribe-mates) to control the numbers/game. They figured that if the other team lost the challenge, one of their two tribemates (who they just lost) would have been voted off--leaving them more vulnerable at the merge.

Again, pretty solid strategy. But, since James had built-up some viewer empathy and the girls were so immature and obvious about the whole thing...it really played out poorly.

I agree with Patrick that the switch-up really doesn't seem to work as part of the game. I'm unsure how else to say it except it just doesn't really seem "fair." At this point of the game it really makes the selected players "sitting ducks."

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It is a solid stagey and one you would certainly expect to see in Survivor. It's a game were backroom strategy is far more important individual excellence. After all it's a microcosm of the real world in which bureaucrats (the talentless) band together to take control.

Hopefully this is the last time they use this twist. The only thing that could save this variation would be to add an additional twist right before tribal council. It would be great that if right before tribal council they switched the tribe members back. In this case the looks on PG and Courtney's faces would have been priceless.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I'm hoping that there is a really good reward challenge - and James is able to tank it to screw over these two girls - to wipe that stupid smiles off of their faces. Something like "I could win this for you , so you can spend some time with a loved one - but since you are screwing me over anyway on the next challenge, our team is going to loose this one"

He has no hope in these immunity challenges, with these to girls messing it up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It would be reminiscent of the time they merged the tribes...but never called it a merge...and split 'em back up again after some quick temporary alliances were made and bridges were burned! :D

James T

Screenwriter

That would be hilarious if that happened. I believe James said he's a loner, so he probably wouldn't mind doing that either.

And the switeroo should have been done at the last moment at TC. Maybe Burnett and Co. is saving it for next season

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks