What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I don't think he dislikes the show from the interview I read, I think it was all economical. I much prefer Supernatural, but Grey's is a higher profile series and if he had been made a regular, I'm sure he would've been getting more than he would be getting on Supernatural. BTW, him not coming back to Grey's can be taken several different ways to be left to the imagination if you're never seen the show.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
One Tree Hill has been renewed, so this definately bodes well for Supernatural, which has been much higher in the ratings all season

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never followed these upfront things, but I suppose today's the big day! I hope we'll know for sure before the day is done.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

While the schedule isn't announced yet, CW's lineup was announced yesterday with Supernatural on it so no worries.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks like it's going to stay paired with Smallville in the same Thursday timeslot, while Veronica will keep her Tuesday night slot. Now, we just have to be concerned about VM getting axed midseason.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

why would we be worried about that? Gilmore Girls is a fantastic lead-in!!! Veronica will do just fine, as will Supernatural.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Because Rob Thomas has warned that the season may be cut short. I hope Gilmore Girls is a fantastic lead-in to most people, as it's something I can't stand and will be waiting for it to end before tuning in. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just curious, Greg, but what about GG do you hate so much? My friend Wendy swears by that show and tells me it's great, i'm actually preparing to check it out myself soon to see if I like it or not.

BTW, even if I have to streak the CW offices with the words Veronica Rules! written in Sharpie across my ass, i'll do what I can to see that VM stays with us. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't want to make the fans mad, but since you asked . . . the daughter's voice annoys the hell out of me, the dialog is pretentious and false, and it just sounds like everybody's trying hard to be witty. Can't be more insightful, because it's like nails on a chalkboard and I have to change it. Strangely, though, I did start to watch the ending of America's Top Model before VM this season, and I was mildly interested. Not enough to watch it all the way through, but it was an okay time-killer. Of course, the best time-killer is Wheel, which I watch before any 7pm show. :D

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I'm not much of a Gilmore fan myself, I meant a fantastic lead-in to Veronica in that it will bring a lot of viewers over to it. Supernatural and One Tree Hill both did phenomenal in the post-Gilmore Girls timeslot.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's good news. I would guess there will be more audience overlap between GG and VM than GG and SN, unless the Jared Palecki connection was part of the draw.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just watched the first three eps of Gilmore Girls and am enjoying it very much, it's got a charm that I like plus I find the dialogue to be great between the characters, particularly between Lorelai and Rory. :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given that this is a new show, in the age of TV-on-DVD, I'd assume they cleared DVD rights at the same time they cleared it for broadcast.

The issues seem to be in going back and re-licensing music for older shows.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Not always. Las Vegas had to lose the theme, and there have been other recent shows with music problems. I just read about one recently, but I can't remember what it was. I think a current show was nixed at the chat for high-dollar music rights.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, that's just foolish on the part of the studio/producers. They all know that the show will be released to DVD, so not clearing the music rights for all media at the same time is just madness.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Reviving this since I'm watching on DVD. Funny how my initial impressions are holding up. Specifically, the annoying ending to Bugs. It's actually a pretty cool episode, but the instant jump from dark to bright still irks. There were a couple of other strange directorial choices in the episode. Sam's talking to the realtor and notices the tarantula crawling towards her, so he says, "Excuse me." And the lady is OUT of there. She clears scene. Abruptly. I'd think she'd wonder what she was being excused for, see the tarantula, and have a reaction. But, this lady obviously needs a lot of stimulation to provoke a reaction, as the next strange choice indicates. She's watching TV, and a very large spider crawls down her face. She flicks it away with a look like, "Oh, bother!" and just scowls as she turns off the TV. I don't know. I'd maybe freak out just a little if that big mama was crawling on my face. And, I personally wouldn't rest until I made sure it wasn't in my bedroom any more. All I'm really asking for is for her to have gone, "UNGH!", jumped up, and squashed it with her shoe. Then, she could have turned off the TV and quickly gone to the shower as if to wash the disgust of the spider off of her. That's how I would have played it anyway. Heh. And when Dean lifts the towel, they are so rubber spiders.

Don't want to sound like I'm complaining about the show, though. I'm enjoying it just as much as before. Maybe moreso, since I now expect the minor little annoyances.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks