What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Is anyone else extremely frustrated that they blew up the replicator city without even giving them the chance to hear the argument that the 'traitor' (can't remember his name) was going to forward? They certainly could have held the destruction of the city back as plan B.

Now they have yet another group pissed off at them? Before they were just obsessed with destroying the memory of the Lanteans, now they are going to be bent on killing the SG group too - and maybe by extension all humans.

Just seemed like kind of a rushed, stupid resolution to the episode.

RG

Rommel_L

Second Unit
SGA couldn't take the risk to give Niam's (the traitor) persuasion time to work given the fact that the replicator battleship was practically at Atlantis' doorstep. McKay tried to get rid of the aggression program which worked for Niam for a short period, but was eventually reset/rebooted back.

I don't think the replicators are pissed at them, they're just caught in a middle of an old grudge, the replicators wanting payback and their need to annihilate Atlantis and SGA's need to keep the Atlantis post.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
But they could have held back the "freeze" button until the last minute to at least give it a shot. THe upside if Niam was successful was tremendous.

And they were merely caught in the middle before. Now that they destroyed the Asuran flying city, I imagine the replicators are going to think a little bit about classifying them as active enemies.

It just seemed like the easy way out for the writers instead of being more creative.

RG

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The SGA crew doesn't seem to be making good decisions lately right? First it was the controversial episode with Michael and the other Wraith and now this one.

These people are flawed and learning as they go along. And that's exactly what makes this show so good.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
beyond those points i just love the chemistry, there's so much that feels right more so than even the original SG1 team.

and uh... that replicator/ancient character is still up there above Atlantis am i correct? if prometheus doesn't see them in the way, they'll just run him over =).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
McKay is so annoying but interesting at the same time. He had me ROTFL in the previous episode (the Ronin-centric one) when he got shot in the ass by an arrow and he blurted out: "THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!!!" :laugh:

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i don't think mckay is annoying as much as he is human. i don't think i've ever seen a SF character so close to "home" or real-life as he (at least off the top of my head).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
His huge ego can get annoying at times. But like I said, he's one of the most interesting characters I've seen in a while.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I was kinda surprised Wier agreed to betraying the replicators/Niam so quickly. I was really thinking she was going to overrule the plan, saying, no she gave her word and would honor it. Especially since the similar decision by Jack O'Neill is what led that replicator, Five, to want revenge against the humans.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yesh, so many of earth's ships got blown up... i'm surprised it's taking this long to come up with a few new ships since they seemed to have produced them rather faster after x303's debuted.

derek

Second Unit

Niam and his following got the short end of the stick...which is why I thought given the removal of his agressor programming and the 'self sacrifice' he made the writers would have that last shot of him floating in space showing his ascension. Woulda been a fantastic ending.

Arild

Supporting Actor
But one that wouldn't make sense. Remember, he was reset by the other replicators and became agressive again (more so than before, it seemed).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
another filler episode. some of these are supposed to showcase the actor/actress's acting chops because of budget limitations. but it's funny to see how richard dean anderson lights up the screen... while the weir character is just flat. why does everyone think everything needs to "method-based" and serious? why not ham it up? it looks so much better.

ah well. this story's been done to death already... but sometimes people make it interesting, sometimes they don't. it's all about the how, not that what.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Actually, it was worse than flat - it just wasn't believeable. The whole "it's up to her now" (I understand it meant that her white blood cells would have to fight the nanites) along with other "aha" moments just ruined the episode.

It's true that this idea has been done and told better (SG1 being one). Here's hoping it's an aberration instead of a trend.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
"will SGA run 10 years as well?"

Highly unlikely. While a good show in its own right, SG1 benefitted from a couple of points that SGA doesn't.

1. When SG1 came on the scene it was a novel concept - novel in that just about every other sci-fi on TV and movies at that time was based around spaceships (Star Trek / Star Wars). SGA simply treds on SG1's path and isn't as fresh although it has some great characters.

2. Change of network - this could still possibly happen with SGA, but where would it go? SG1 went from a pay-network to a more accessible one, and thus, breathed new life into the show through new viewers. While SGA could move, it would almost have to move to one of the big 3 to get access to more viewers - a jump to another cable network would more than likely not expose it to new viewers.

The question was probably tongue-in-cheek, but I think it bears remembering just how special SG1 was when it came out - and through that SGA was allowed to be created.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
when SG-1 first came out i didn't watch it. i just scoffed at it and said what a stupid idea of a TV series based on a stupid movie.

as s9 was in midseason hiatus i finished every episode s1 all the way through s8 and i found it to be not be stupid but extremely entertaining =).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks