What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
So the Wraith can give life as well. And Sheppard has made another Wraith "friend". Let's see where they go with this.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
interesting ep. it's the standard "team member gets captures, tortured/hostage exchange storyline" we've seen numerous times (especially on trek).

re: shepard, does EVERYTHING have to be a wisecrack? is that substance of character... or just self parody before being established of his acting credentials?

anyway, i hope it doesn't become like gu'auld's jaffas, where the enemy becomes allies.

PS meanwhile, rodney continues to shine =). he's the most dynamic character in both Stargate series =).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
This applis to both shows. It looks like Sci-Fi is taking Friday Sept. 29 off then, as far as new shows.

Still irks me them calling next weeks shows "finales". They didn't used to do this when it came to their mid-season break. Last year was the first time. It was annoying then, and even more annoying now. Frickin' Sci-Fi Execs are such whores, they'll do ANYTHING to try and hype something more than it should be. At least they list it as "summer finales" not "season finales".

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Oh, I haven't seen that ad. I figured they'd just start it the same night BSG starts up.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm glad for the decision to remain with SGA only. let's hope for another 10 seasons on SGA! =).

i like the mckay+sister episode. that was really brilliant. it's also good to see some of our old favorites back.

we know that SGA will be taken back by the humans and the ancients will be either dead again... or moved elsewhere. i can't imagine ancients and humans working together for mutual benefits. i thought that storyline came out ofnowhere.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
sounds like the ratings are a struggle though...

couldn't we just blame this on the SF network? if both SG series were on broadcast networks... do you think the ratings would improve?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good episode.

I'm hoping that at least a few of the Ancients survive and stay around. When you watch lots of science fiction shows, you get really tired of the "complete reset right after a big change episode" really quickly.

This was an interesting development and I'd prefer that it isn't completely "reset" after the next episode in January. Of course I expect the Humans back at Atlantis, but I'd hope that things (politics,chain of command, access to Ancient technology, etc...) remain somewhat "re-shuffled" now with at least a few Ancients staying around at Atlantis.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, one or even a few ancients staying around would give a new dynamic. If they do a total reset, its' too much like them never getting off the island. :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It’s just that I find the fact that after three years they haven’t found any information concerning the manufacture of ZPMs or the Drones for the matter.

Atlantis is basically a city state so it wouldn’t be out of the question that the means to construct both would be actually in the city. Even if we go with the concept that the manufacturing was done on another planet you would think that after three years of searching the data base that they would have found some meaningful information concerning both.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
initially i thought they were going to go with the "evil ancients" (a la ori). ah well. ANOTHER replicator storyline =).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
What really caught me off guard was seeing Richard Dean Anderson in the "season finale" of SGA. I stay away from the previews so that was a nice little surprise.

I agree, I hope that at least a couple of Ancients stick around to keep the show fresh. But something tells me that ain't going to happen.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
if you read gateworld.net regularly, RDA was due back for a few appearances this season.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Sooo....

Appearantly, the season has resumed with new episodes as of last night... in some parts of Canada. That's what, four months before SciFi begins to air the new episodes? Gotta be a record.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think we're upto episode 17 now. it's been pretty good. there's talk about cast changes in season 4 onward due to SG-1 being cancelled. any truth to those rumours?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks