What's new

Star Trek TOS Season 3- Remastered coming in November (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up Greg. The reviewer discussed the extended version of The Cage. I never heard it referred to like that. He describes it as the version prior to discovery of the full color version and is the print made from black and white clips from Roddenberry's personal copy and color clips from The Menagerie.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Agreed, Im not spending $2700.00 again on this. Thats what Upconvert is for

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just went through a review at trekmovie of Star Trek Season 3 Remastered standard def DVD out today.

One of the things that surprised me was that in Paradise Syndrome, the syndicated remastered broadcast version had the beam the wrong color that emits from the obelisk. It was blue originally, but red on the broadcast version. They heard us fans and fixed it back to blue!

The Cage is what I really want to see with a new title sequence and CGI effects of course.

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Has anyone picked this up at a Best Buy B&M store? On their website (bestbuy.com/startrek), it is being listed for $39.99 (or all three seasons for $99). The Sunday ad has it listed at $59.99.

Does anyone know if the $39.99 price is only on the website?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
JohnWells, I'm afraid I was all wishy washy. I asked for this for my birthday and someone said Amazon shipped it to me two days ago. Guess I couldn't wait.

For me, TOS, in just about any form, is the Holy Grail.

I posted this somewhere else, but it bears repeating.

In the 1970s I recorded TOS off TV with an audio cassette recorder.
In the 1980s I recorded every episode off TV on VHS,
In the late 1980s and early 90s I collected the pricey Paramount VHS tapes (all of them and threw a fit at CITY being altered).
In the late 1990s (?) I bought a set of VCDs of the 40 disc set off eBay because I couldn't afford to pay $600.
In 2001 (?) I bought the 40 disc DVD set'
In 2004 I bought the season sets for the extras and a couple of sound corrections
In 2008 I am buying TOS-R.

It will never end. I have admitted it, now, finally.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Third Season Remastered at Best Buy for $39.99. They did the price match as that was the price on their own website. If I hadn't, it would have been $59.99.

David, me too. Recorded the audio, bought the VHS, laserdiscs and all DVD iterations. TOS is the only show I'll do that for. And then blu-ray....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh, you will!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carabimero,

Just in case you didn't understand Nelson's response, let's be perfectly clear about this: That's an order.

;)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Why would I break my streak?

I'll start calling him Admiral Nelson...and he is an Admiral, you know...we just have to somehow get him out from behind the desk and assign him a starship...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carabimero,

Just don't call him a 'chair bound paper-pusher.' Worse yet, you could refer to Nelson as a 'Poppin' J. Ambassador.' ;) I may just call him 'Admiral.' :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, doesn't this mean that Lou should get a title? Perhaps a Fleet Admiral? Somehow, 'Ensign Sytsma' just doesn't have the same ring to it. Neither does Commodore Lou 'Stocker,' or Commodore 'Locker.' It sounds as though he would have to be scrubbing the transporter pad manually. ;)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Let me ask you guys how you feel about these so-called collector cards with the disc info on them. Fortunately there's a slot in my ST DVD wallet for them, but man, if there weren't, given those wonky cases and the way those cards are so slippery, man...in my opinion Paramout wins the award for consistently hard to use inconvenient ST packaging...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Do you think these are the actual blooper reels? I own them all, but I'd love an upgrade of those. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, the quote you quoted was from an early reviewer who hoped that the set included the real blooper reels. I have not opened my set yet, but I'm pretty sure there is no blooper reel included. Oh well. I don't have a decent copy myself, just an old VHS.

David, those collector cards are okay. I don't have a real problem with them. The only change I'd make is if the cards were a booklet instead, so it's all together. I have to refer to them to know what is on what disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks