What's new

Star Trek season 2 (remastered) (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Lou I paid $73 plus shipping for 1 and just bought 2 for $52 plus shipping.

I have a 320 DVD wallet for my ST DVDs, and I have Lost In Space filling up the last spots, so now I have to clear out LIS and put it somewhere to make rom for my new ST DVDs!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

How does that disk wallet work out for you, I have some of my movies in those and I'm not as concerned with scratching because they do not get watched as much, but TV stuff gets watched more. I'm looking for a storage method as the TV packagingtakes up so much space. I've also digitized alot of my DVD's to Xvid's that I watch thru my Apple TV so I can plut some of the stuff in storage...

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Unfortunately minimal scratching seems inevitable, but cosmetic, and I've never had a problem. But with more than 4000 DVDs, and more coming every day it seems, there's no way I can keep all the boxes in the house.

I have digitized my 1000 CDs to mp3s--no way do I have the will to do all my DVDs!

I'm satisfied with the wallets...have used them for years and they are efficient and make finding discs much easier than the clumsy packaging.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow David, I hope you're insured! That's a lot of discs.

Lou, I thought I replied to your comment about A Piece of the Action, but it didn't post. I looked it up, it is the only show to end on a freeze-frame.

I saw A Private Little War. I was surprised by three new things, two really that are specific to this show. It looked great, compared it to the 2004 DVD and darkness wise, like in the caves and in Sickbay, they're comparable. I never paid so much attention to this particular facet, but TOS does look dark, or high contrast when they're on a set or the Enterprise.

The remastered version added a Klingon ship in orbit of the planet, I don't remember seeing this in the broadcast version. It was cool to see that era Klingon ship orbiting a planet, a first. And then to see the shot dissolve to the other side of the planet where the Enterprise is hiding it's location in orbit. Almost Wrath of Khan like.

In the scene where Kirk and McCoy are escaping the village after seeing and collecting peoples exihibt A and B evidence, as they run, they are shot at. You can see two or three bullets hit an archway and hear the sound. There is a final bullet hit that never had a sound effect added. In this new version, they added it!

The last thing I've been noticing is that with the new CGI Enterprise fly-bys, they've added the rumble of the ship as it passes. It was subtle enough, that I forgot that most shots in the original didn't have it. And in 5.1, it passes over head, or over to the left or right.

And to close, here's a trivia question, the end credits of A Private Little War has a mistake. They made a little error with a name. Does anyone know this one? They didn't fix it in the remastered version.

The answer if you wish to know: The Mugato is spelled Gumato!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Nelson. Never noticed that about the spoiler item you mentioned. Maybe its another species!;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jean-

You're right. I was just reading that little bit of information over at Memory Alpha. I stand corrected!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is the mispelling of Mugato (Gumato). I've seen that one before. But still, it's a wonderful question.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Nelson,

We need to revive that Trek trivia thread! ;)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Weak humans! :D

Me, well, we got hardwoods put in the house. So i have been busy with other house chores. I have not seen TV all week. I didnt even have internet until...yea, yesterday.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Does anyone else ever watch TOS-R and miss the back two window lights on the Enterprise blinking out in the profile orbiting shot (shown in RickER'S post above)? I sure do and kinda wished they'd recreated that in the remastered episodes.

I always pretended someone was flipping out the light to go to bed.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just FYI:
Costco currently has both Season 1 (HD-DVD/DVD Combos discs) and Season 2 (DVDs) of "TOS Remastered" on sale for $59.95/season. I had already caved and purchased the Second season discs at Best Buy the prior week so I was no longer "in the market", but I have to say that I was really surprised to see the second season discounted this much off MSRP just two weeks removed from the street date.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey David, where are these lights located on the ship? At the rear of the secondary hull near the flight deck? What is the location, I'll look for it on the original and remastered. One problem with the CGI Enterprise that CBS did was the lights don't appear as bright.

Joseph, that Costco price is a good deal! I paid $59.99 at Best Buy for the second season set during the first week of release. Sometimes, Best Buy has a better price then Costco during that first week.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

I think he's talking about the running lights on the sides;

The windows on the CGI ship actually have interiors in them, so they're lit more naturally. I like the bright windows of the old models too, but realistically the interiors would have to be lit to hell and back for the windows to look so bright.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm talking about the two windows on the side above the running light near the back hanger deck (not the two on the bottom of the hangar deck). They go out everytime the ship passes in profile.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll look for those windows, I never noticed. I am more focused on the new CGI texture mapping used on the hull. It's so metallic looking. Not sure I like it. The added resolution of the DVD's inspite of being SD, really shows that more compared to the broadcast version.

I just saw Omega Glory and I could see they used the registry numbers, NCC-1672 on the Exeter. (Based on Okuda's official Trek Encyclopedia) Though Franz Joseph's earlier Tech Manual has it NCC-1706. At the end, I wonder why they didn't either tow the Exeter or show it following the Enterprise out of orbit.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I would leave a plauge ship right where its at. I assumed it would need to be decontaminated. Since the planet seems to be the only "cure", id stay nearby, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks