What's new

STAR TREK: NEMESIS Screenplay Observations By A Fan. **No Spoilers** (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well..?? You guys begged me to spill my guts, and I did. So, what do you all think?
confused.gif
icon14.gif
or
icon13.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Good work Tino, it certainly seems interesting and action packed, I wasn't that crazy about the last one 'Insurrection', but 'Nemesis' could be one of the best.
I'm troubled by the fact the villain is also by played Patrick Stewart, I like Patrick and he was superb in 'First Contact', but I would have loved somebody else play the main villain, say an over-the-top Gary Oldman chewing up the scenery, it would have been more fun, oh well, I can't wait for this one, roll on 2002. :)
ps. so Patrick and Brent Spiner play two parts in this movie! jeez, one way to save money on bringing in new actors I suppose.
wink.gif

pss. Who'd they get to direct this one, Patrick Stewart? :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Steve
Patrick stewart is NOT playing Shinzon, since the part calls for a twenty something,, blond actor. Patrick's a great actor and all, but I don't think even he can pull that off. :)
As for the director, as has been mentioned, it's Stuart Baird, a former editor, now action director (Executive Decision, U.S. Marshalls).
------------------

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Ok thanks Tino, I'm glad its not the same actor.
Oh yeah Stuart Baird directing, a Brit, and why not! :)
Music again by the great Jerry Goldsmith I hope.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Tino. It looks like Trek is returning to form, if only for one more time. Spoiler:The Enterprise seems as if it has almost been destroyed, yet you point out the ship is refitted in the end. It is the 1701-E, isn't it?
Folks, when is this film going to be released? In 2002 or late this year? It would seem that Paramount would want to release it as closely to the start of Enterprise as possible. Paramount has a chance here to generate the same amount of excitement they did back during the thirtieth anniversary.
For once, I am looking forward to a Star Trek film again. This is exciting.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
but I would have loved somebody else play the main villain, say an over-the-top Gary Oldman chewing up the scenery, it would have been more fun
They did try someone over-the-top before, Malcolm McDowell in Generations, what a disaster that movie was(although not because of him).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
WOW! DAMN!
This is turning out to be the best Star Trek yet!
Can't wait.
Thanks Tino.
------------------
Andres
http://members.aol.com/coolvirus/

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jack
To answer your question, YES it is. :)
Casting is just now getting under way, so I doubt Star Trek: Nemesis will be released this year. It will most likely be released next summer I would assume, since ALL Star Trek films have opened in either the summer or winter, but ya know what happens when you assume...
laugh.gif

------------------

Kevin H. Martin

Auditioning
They haven't opened a TREK movie in summer since TREK V, which got slaughtered by the big guns. So I'm guessing TREK X will have to be winter 2002, though that means facing MATRIX 2 and I guess LORD OF RINGS 2 ... they're kinda caught in a crossfire, ain't they, with SPIDEY & SW & God knows what else in May 2001?
If they do go with winter, it'll mean they have plenty of time to test the film and shoot at least a couple new endings (not that they need one), which should make everybody at Paramount happy.
Kevin

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Release Date Update;
I just spoke to my friend who sent me this script and he told me that they are currently planning to begin filming in October of this year for a June, 2002 target release.
------------------

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
That's what I was thinking. Late June, possibly July 4 with great marketing, at least as good as POTA. If they plan on this being a great Trek film they can't be chickenshits. Well, not chicken of anything except SW Ep 2 and Matrix2. :)
Next summer it is, with Brad Pitt as the Nemesis guy. :)
------------------
Ivan Lindenfeld
I call it "Extreme Hometheater" Ask me about the Audi TT!

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Just wanted to thank you Tino for the time it took to post that story. Sounds good and if it holds...the death of Data would be sad but at least well done.
I for one can't wait...I love them Trek movies :)!
By the way...how in the hell can Janeway out-rank Picard? Just 'cause she made it back from the Delta Quadrant? Gimme a freakin' break here!
------------------
Regards,
Paul

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Paul:
It's sexism, pure and simple. Go back through all the eps.. of the Admirals, 9 have been women, 3 men, and of those men, one of them turned out to be evil (the Insurrection) and another had an alien parasite in his throat controlling him (an early episode)
He just doesn't stand a chance. :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Come on, Picard's the captain of the Federation flagship - who wants a desk job after that? Kirk advised him to stay as captain, and no doubt Picard's turned down several promotion offers.
Besides, it annoys the oldest commander in Starfleet.
biggrin.gif

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I've resurrected this thread in response to a very negative review of the Star Trek: Nemesis script over at http://www.darkhorizons.com
P.S., contrary to what has been reported in that review, Paramount HAS greenlit the film.
------------------

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I agreed with a lot he said. They are taking too many ideas and rehashing them. Someone dies at the end but... they have another android with his personality? Huh? Killing Spock was a good thing but then, they brought him back. Do something drastic. Kill Spiner off if hes not happy. Same with Stewart who always seems to be burdoned with the Trek movies. Put Riker in the Captains chair and bring on some new blood. Or better yet, give the existing characters more to do as stated in his article today.
I am a Big fan of Trek but like I posted on another thread, Actors need to stop getting involved in the screenplay process like Spiner in this one and Stewart in the last one. And who can forget Shatner getting involved in the story of Star Trek 5.
We all know what happend there.
We'll see but I think they should hand the franchise over to someone who knows what they are doing. Berman did at one time but lately I really doubt that.
The author Peter David has a firmer grasp on the trek franchise and the characters we all know and love. You can tell by reading his books.
They need to take some chances with the movies, come up with some new ideas and quit playing it safe in fear of alienating the audience.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well Tino without having the full script in one's hands it's hard to judge.
Right now though the high points sure do seem to be a rehash of previous movies specifically TWOK.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks