What's new

STAR TREK: NEMESIS Screenplay Observations By A Fan. **No Spoilers** (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Tino!
So we now have it confirmed that Spoiler:Data "dies." But he's reborn, a la Spock--CGI possibilities for future features. Not happy that Janeway is an admiral, though--or that she's even mentioned in the film. But what the hey.
The big question, though, Tino, does this script's ending Spoiler:in any way suggest that this is the last of the TNG features?
I'm really getting exciting about ST10.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
My question is: Do they blast aliens or try to "understand" them. I am definitely in the blasting camp. That's what I liked about Kirk, if an alien didn't speak english, it was toast.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You should try Samuli Torrsonen's Star Wreck 4 1/2 then. They spend 15 minutes of the film negotiating while getting the crap kicked out of them,hilarious
wink.gif

http://www.fanfilmxchange.com
While you're at it, check out 5, and on his home page, the teaser for 6
Jeff Kleist

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Skimming this thread because I do NOT want it spoiled for me (and some people don't use spoiler tags :) ), but you can be sure this will NOT be the last Star Trek movie. No matter what happens and no matter which actors bow out for future editions, the Trek franchise is too huge for them to stake it now. I think neither DS9 nor Voyager were as popular as the other series, so I doubt if they'll be carrying the franchise forward. Who knows? Maybe they'll do something like give Geordi his own command and follow his and his crew's adventures.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Voyager in a big-screen blowout, but that's not a very popular sentiment.
wink.gif

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I hope I get this right, I have yet to figure out these crazy spoiler, non-spoiler thingys....
I am a fan, not a serious one. I dont dress up like Worf and go clubbing, but I would anticpate with great joy, everything and anything star trek, like the next star trek movie. To see them all again on screen especially Counselor Troi excites me to no end. If you get a chance, try the experience at the Hilton in Vegas. I enjoyed all the props and stuff outside the attraction. The thing that killed me is how all the females on the orginal show were always half naked. On the topic of the new movies, I wish they would use the holodeck more often. And it tends to give a real sense for how far in the future they really are. well, that and the presence of Data. In f act, when I was in Las Vegas, getting a lap dance at the Crazy Horse, I found my mind wandering to thoughts of the star trek experience and how the sets made me feel like I was really there, in the future.
wink.gif

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/chets808/home_theater_begin.html
[Edited last by Alex-C on July 27, 2001 at 04:34 PM]
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[Edited last by Alex-C on July 27, 2001 at 04:35 PM]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jack
In regard to your ending question, the answer is YES!
BTW, there in humor in the script, but not an excess amount to the point of being too much. Just right. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, Tino. Would you kindly message or e-mail me with a detailed explanation as to how that will come to pass? Believe me, I don't mind knowing.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jack
You have mail. If you would like to know more, just ask.
I just hate giving away spoilers. :)
------------------

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Richard
It is the final shooting script, not a draft. It's the real deal, believe me. :)
------------------

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Tino...
Let me jump on the bandwagon here and go ahead and ask for the entire deal...start to finish. I want to KNOW ALL THE SECRETS!!!!
If you don't mind..
Just drop me an e-mail...my address is here on the HTF!
Thanks dude!
------------------
Regards,
Paul

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
What is with all this email stuff? Just post it here with spoilers as was done on page 1! I am sure those of us that do not want it spoiled have the control to not look at it (myself excluded :))
------------------
screw.jpg

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Ok, since this is a final shooting script, I'm asking away!
Spoiler: Admiral Janeway?!? So Soon? For What? Bringing back Voyager? Picard, heck, even Riker, has done more than Janeway to deserve an admiralty. I always believed Janeway got her admiralty through time served in Starfleet. Please tell me that Picard is an admiral as well...
Spoiler:If Spiner is involved in the script, then Lore must be involved in this film. Is he?
wink.gif

Spoiler:Is Riker finally in command of a vessel? Or is he still wasting his career waiting for Picard to depart the Enterprise?
Spoiler:If this upcoming film is like "Wrath", then there has to be a single, main, antagonist driving this film (which is what made "Wrath" so popular). Who is he/she/it? If it is the "romulans/remans", then IMO, it will NOT be like "Wrath" (which, BTW, is my favorite of the series thus far).
Thanks!
8^B
------------------
My collection of movies

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
****STOP*****WARNING******
***THIS ENTIRE POST IS A SPOILER***
PLEASE SKIP THIS ENTIRE POST IF YOU WANT NO SPOILERS*******
RATHER THAN BLOCK OUT THIS ENTIRE POST, WHICH LOOKS BAD, I AM POSTING ADEQUATE WARNINGS.O.K then, here is a synopsis of the entire screenplay so read at your own risk.
**MAJOR, I MEAN MAJOR SPOILERS, LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!**
Credits begin. The film begins on Romulus in the Romulan Senate Chamber where the senate is studying a small three year old human boy before them, as if what to to with him.
Cut to the Reman homeworld of Remus where the boy is then lead into the mines by a dark figure. Credits end.
Later, back in the Romulan Senate, there is a debate going on over a course of action involving dilithium and trade agreements. One senator leaves the heated discussions, leaving behind a small device, which turns out to be a weapon that emits a green light that disolves all organic matter and the entire senate is "disolved"
Cut to Alaska for the wedding reception of Will Riker and Deanna Troi. Here we get the obligatory
introductory scenes of the whole cast. We also learn that Will and Deanna are being transferred to the Starship Titan, which Riker will be Captain of, and Beverly Crusher is also being tranferred to the new Medical Starship in Starfleet. Al this has made Captain Picard a bit sad.
They are about to head out to BetaZed for the naked wedding (which Worf is scared of :)) when they get a strange reading from a planet near the Neutral Zone. It's Positronic, which only emits from Data and Lore, his brother. They decide to take a small detour and investigate.
Back in the Romulan Senate Chamber we finally meet the "Nemesis" Shinzon, who is described as a "dynamic young human in his twenties. Very handsome with pale, almost white skin and shining golden hair." It turns out that Shinzon has assumed the role of leader and his plan is to challenge the Federation. he tells the fleet that" The days of negotiation and diplomacy are over. The "mighty" federation will fall beore us as I promised you. The time we have dreamed of is at hand, the time of conquest.."
Back on the Enterprise, they are orbiting the planet where the positronic signal eminates from. Picard, Worf and Data decide to take a new shuttle Argo to the surface to investigate. They land on the surface and out of the back of the shuttle, the rear cargo doors open and Picard, Worf and Data roar out on a 24th Century equivalent of a military Jeep!
Picard is driving and clearly enjoying the thrill of driving fast, Worf clinging on to the roll bar for dear life, leading Data to proclaim "I will always be baffled by the human predelection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities!" :).
The locate the source of the positronic signal, of which there are six of. It turns out that they are each eminating from a different android body part, two arms, two legs, torso, and finally the head, which looks exactly like DATA!
They return to the enterprise, (after a lengthy action sequence escaping from the inhabitants of the planet) and begin assembling B-9 (Benign) as he will be called. B-9 has the mind of a child which fascinates Data, since he thought he and Lore were the only creations of Dr. Soong, their creator. Data looks upon B9 as a long lost kid brother. Data assumes the role of parent and teacher and begins instructing B9 on how to function again.
Captain Picard then receives a Alpha Priority comm from Starfleet Command. He activates his viewscreen and we see Admiral Kathryn Janeway! She has a bit of small talk with Picard as though they are old friends and instructs him to meet with Shinzon, the new Romulan Praetor, since of curse, the Enterprise is the nearest ship.
The travel to the co-ordinates and are waiting for hors for Shinzon to respond, when on the viewscreen, Shinzon's "magnificent Reman Warbird, the SCIMITAR, de-cloaks directly before the Evterprise. It is huge, easily twice the size of the Enterprise and awesome in its power"
They beam aboard the Scimitar, and Shinzon eagerly meets with Captain Picard, who for some reason he is fascinated with. He proposes to Picard a plan of peace, tearing down the Neutral Zone and an exchange of goods and ideas.
Picard gasps when he actually sees Shinzons face.
They seem to have some sort of strange bond, as though they know what the other is thinking. Shinzon pulls out a Reman knife and cuts his arm, drawing a little blood. He hands the knife to Data.
Back on the Enterprise, Dr, Crusher
is examining the knife and says." There's no doubt, Captain. Right down to your regressive strain of Shalafts Syndrome...He's your CLONE!.
At a meeting later Shinzon explains to Captain Picard that he was a clone created by the Romulans to infiltrate Starfleet "And when I was ready, they were going to replace you with me, an exact biolgical duplicate. Put a Romulan agent at he heart of Starfleet to....influence your command structure. It was a bold plan, but as happens frequently, a new government came to power and the plan was abandoned."
"I was sent to the dilithium mines, on Remus. I was a slave. One man took pity on me, my Viceroy who taught me how to survive in the dark with my Reman brothers."
He and Picard talk a bit more as though they were long lost brothers. Picard is still a bit suspicious.
Later on the Enterprise, it seems as though there was some unauthorized computer access, which Data figures out who and why, and gives them a tactical advantage over Shinzon, who they now believe does NOT want peace.
During all this tme Deanna has been having nightmares of Shinzon and the viceroy as though the have been invading her thoughts and violating her.
The Viceroy it turns out is sort of an empath like Deanna and has been entering her mind to gain an advantage.
Also Shinzon is aging rapidly and is very ill.
Later on the bridge of the Scimitar, B-9 materializes. Shinzon says "Welcome home, begin the download". It turns out that Shinzon found and used the B9 to infiltrate the Enterprise, knowing that Data would download Starfleet information into it, such as Fleet locations.
Picard is kidnapped and beamed abord the Scimitar. Shinzon tells Picard that no longer will they be slaves before anyone. Not before the Romulans or the Federation. They, the Remans, are a race bred for war...and conquest.
Shinzon plans to kill Picard and replace him, which is why he is aging rapidly, to look more like him.
Meanwhile the Romulan Senate has had another change of heart and considers Shinzon to be dangerous,
and dispatches warbirds to stop him before he engages the federation and Starfleet into war.
Back on the Scimitar, B-9 actually turns out to be Data pretending to be B9. He rescues Picard and they escape in one of the mini-attack shuttles, a Scorpion, found on the Scimitar. They actually blast throught the ship in an extended action sequence, flying down and around corridors at exhilirating speeds.
Back on the Enterprise, which went into warp the moment Picard and Data were back on board, the crew is studying Data's information on Shinzon's weapon, which Geordi calls a "Cascading Biogenic Pulse, which destroys all living matter, and strong enough to encompass a ship ...and even a planet."
Unbeknownst to the Enterprise, the Scimitar it travelling directly above them cloaked, waiting for the right moment to attack.
They are heading toward a rift in space and as soon as the Enterprise enters it she is attacked, since all communication is down in the rift, Shinzon was waiting for this moment toattack since the Enerprise can not all for help.
What follows is a long extended action sequence between the Enterprise and the Scimitar. Think Wrath of Khan, but on a larger more elaborate scale. The Scimitar is mercilessly atacking the Enterprise while she is still cloaked. The Enterprise is suffering major damage, while inflicting little on the Scimitar, which illuminates and is visible briefly only when hit.
All is apparrently lost when at the last minute, the Romulan warbirds arrive to engage the Scimitar.
What then follows is more action with all the ships firing on the Scimitar, sometimes hitting and illumunatiing it. But these ships are no match for the Scimitar which slices throgh one ship and disables the other, all while still cloaked.
Shinzon, since he is aging rapidly now and dying, has decided that he
will now head towards earth and destroy it with the weapon.
Deanna meanwhile has realized its time for payback. Standing next to Worf at tactical, she enters the Viceroys mind, and guiding Worfs hands over the controls, enters the co-ordinates of the Scimitars location and opens fire from all weapons before Shinzon can react.
The Cloak is disabled and they are now on a more even playing field. Next we have MORE action with both ships pounding each other, the Enterprise suffering most of the damage though.
Riker, and Worf beam aboard the Scimitar to stop Shinzon.
Riker and the Viceroy fight each other in the tight connecting access tunnels of the ship, ala Alien, with Riker finally killing the Viceroy.
Meanwhile the Enterprise has suffered so much damage that the entire front half of the bridge is torn out, a huge hole looking out into space.
All seems lost when Picard orders ramming speed and the Enterprise crashes int the bridge of the Scimitar grinding into the ship. The two ships locked together, slowly rotating in space. The forward part of the Enterprise's saucer is enmeshed in Shinzon's ship; two scorpions with their claws locked.
Slowly, the Scimitar breaks free and Shinzon orders the BioGenic Weapon to be deployed on the Enterprise and then to head to Earth to detroy it.
Riker and Worf beam back to the Enterprise and Picard beams on board the Scimitar and confronts Shinzon on the bridge. A firefight ensues and Picard is about to be killed by Shinzon when he impales him with a piece of wrekage, a long pole.
Instead of dying outright, Shinzon pushes down on the spear against Picard and begins choking him, bothin a bizarre brotherly embrace of death.
Data meanwhile has decided what he must do. From a cargo bay on the Enterprise, he hurls himself into space to reach the Scimitar since the transorters are down.
Data barely reaches the Scimitar, races to the bridge. He instantly tears open his wrist and pulls out the small, silver Emergency Transport Unit, able to transport only ONE, and slaps it on Picard's shoulder.
A final look between them..
Data activates the ETU...Picard dematerializes.
Data looks ito space where Picard was and says simply:
"Goodbye"
Then he spins and pulls out his phaser and fires point blank into the Scimitar's warp core relays..the bridge explodes....
DATA is incinerated.
The Scimitar blasts apart in a massive flash.
Hours later, the crew gathers, and they are all affixing black bands to their collars, mourning bands for their fallen comrade.
Picard pours six glasses of his precious Chateau Picard. each takes a glass.
Picard: "To absent friends and famly".
They toast Data.
Later Picard is shown in hs ready room telling Data's story to B9 who has been reactivated.
As Picard leaves B9, he hears him beginning to hum one of Data's favorite songs.
What follows then are the requisite goodbye scenes which are all very touching.
The film ends with Will and Deanna and Beverly re-assigned and Picard on the bridge of the again refitted Enterprise breaking in a new crew.
Telling his new first officer that they wll be exploring the Denab system a place "WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE"
It definitely has an air of finality to it, but in the world of Star Trek..who knows? :)
End Transmission......
------------------
[Edited last by Tino on July 28, 2001 at 01:13 PM]
[Edited last by Tino on July 28, 2001 at 01:17 PM]

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I'll I have to say is: WOW!
-Mike
------------------
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.
void *: Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I guess I shouldn't have read that.
wink.gif

A lot seems to happen, but the back-plot seems very thin also... This is no WOK or TUC - more like FC. But no doubt some changes will be made along the way, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
And didn't we do the cloaked starship fight in VI? Seems like the main bad guy is going to be played by Pat Stewart (at least, towards the end) - there goes my hopes of some good, unstilted repartee (dratted split screen, it never works well).
Now I shall try to forget in time for the theatrical release.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
*******SPOILERS*****
To those of you who have read the Spoiler Post, please bear in mind that I condensed a lot of the script.
There is much more back story between Picard and Shinzon, further explaining his actions and why he is doing what he is doing.
There is also more scenes between Data and B9, fleshing out their "relationship".
What I tried to do was give an accurate representation of the script, but it is by no means
100% represented by my above posts.
And I am sure, as many of us know, that a few, if not many, details wil be changed by the time it reaches the silver screen.
And lastly, I apologize for the typos in that big post, I'm just to lazy right now to go in and fix them all.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks