What's new

Spider-Man Coming to DVD on November 1, 2002 (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Wow... the cover I like better is on the full screen edition. :laugh:
I'm laughing because when it comes to DVD, little things like this crack me up now, rather than piss me off. Plus, I had the fleeting idea of buying both versions, which isn't completely nuts considering that there will be five for Reservoir Dogs. Am I a lemming or no... decisions, decisions.
I just roll my eyes and laugh at the wackiness of it all because the poster on my wall, my fave of the bunch, is going to be on the full-screen version only.
Hey, it's key art and that's what counts, and I really like that they used two different covers for each edition (smart thinking to lessen confusion). As for me - I'm going to try and conjure up a cover that has him on the flagpole.
That is, if I can try a find a usable scan other than a NY Times ad...
-g

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Good stuff from Columbia.
I like the fact that they used poster art for the two DVD Covers. I happened to like the Widescreen Cover..thats the poster on my wall(sorry Gary=]) Though I would like to see what you could do with the Flagpole.
And I agree November is going to be an expensive month:)
Chris

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have the second teaser post myself.. I am glad that they are using two different pictures for the widescreen and full screen.. less confusion about which version is which.. I think they should have the green goblin on the full screen version...

thanks for the posters info and the specs on the dvds.

JACOB

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Wow, fantastic cover for the widescreen edition.
Too bad there is no commentary by Tobey, I suppose that makes up with the screentest and costume test though.
What is the following: Branching Web-i-sodes (access via Spider-Sense) noboby mentioned this before ?
:emoji_thumbsup:

GaryEA

Second Unit
Chris wrote:
I like the fact that they used poster art for the two DVD Covers. I happened to like the Widescreen Cover..thats the poster on my wall(sorry Gary=]) Though I would like to see what you could do with the Flagpole.
:)
The official site now opens with a shot of him on the flag pole. It's the best copy of it I've found yet, but I'm hoping to stumble upon another one with better resolution and less clutter.
-g

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
perhaps you are right.. about the green goblin cover.. I still think it would be cool to have a green goblin on the cover.

I think sony is making a great choice about the two different covers.. I think if its successful they should do it on other dvds and same with the other studios.

JACOB

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Dan
Thanks for that, should have realized it was something like that.
Todd s
I believe that this was the movie with no scenes left out.
:D

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Did anybody else notice the glaring omission in the specs. There are no trailers listed at all. I'm hoping that this was just an oversight, but I was really hoping for the original WTC trailer. Even if that isn't included, I consider the trailers to be a required supplement and if none are included, I may very well take a pass on this title.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I really hope they include the WTC teaser.. its a great teaser.. I heard somewhere that they dvd producer for final fantsy was doing the dvd for spider-man.. I am not sure if this is correct info.. but perhaps someone would know the answer.. this is also gives us a preview of what to expect.. the final fantsy dvd was very loaded.
there are some cut scenes from the film. I have the script.. nothing to really add to the movie.. they cut it out mostly for the pacing...
JACOB

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
My bad Dan. I looked over the specs. twice, but I missed it due to the way they categorized them underneath Marketing Campaigns.

The inclusion of the WTC trailer, may be the determining factor as to whether I purchase this or not. I though the movie was OK, but with everything else coming out in November, this may not make the cut.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
You could always buy one copy of each cover, and do the old swap-a-roo with the discs, and return the "widescreen" version to the store with the pan & scan disc inside. Not that I'm advocating that, but you "could". :)
And for another option, there's always www.dvdcoverart.com who I'm sure will have several different custom Spidey covers up for everyone to download and print out and enjoy. . .

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I don't know where it's come from but I think this will not be the final art work as has happened so many times before with so called final art work at digitalbits!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks