What's new

Sony STR DH520 has a problem but only when my TV is on the Fox station! (1 Viewer)

dtracycar

Auditioning
Real Name
dawn stuart
I feel this is a dumb question and there must just be something I'm missing. I have a Sony Surround Sound receiver that i have hooked up to my Dish Network DVR, an xBox, and a Sony Blu Ray player. Surround sound works great on all components except when we are watching anything on Fox Network. When watching this channel, audio seems to have a channel missing. We can hear dialog on the tv shows and commentary by sports announcers, but if there is music playing, we only hear the vocals and the bass. If we are watching football we can hear the commentators and the crowd but when the officials on the field make calls, we can't hear their audio. Its so bizarre and it seems no matter what setting we put the SS on its never right. Is anyone else having a similar problem, or is there anyone who has a suggestion to why this is happening and how to fix it? I appreciate anybody's help or input.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you tried changing the output of your DVR to plain stereo? More than likely it is your local Fox affiliate that is having issues with their audio equipment. What DMA are you located in?

dtracycar

Auditioning
Real Name
dawn stuart
OOOH, i haven't tried to change anything on my DVR, didn't know there was anything to change. I'm near Seattle, WA.

Craig Reilly

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Did u ever get this worked out?
Today while watching dish tv on a football game we could hear the refs and fans, but not the announcers.
So finally we disconnected the receiver and put the hdmi directly from tv to dish receiver.
other channels seemed ok.
We turned Hdmi control off and set audio to amp only but no difference.
Do I need to return this to the store?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks