What's new

Sony Cineza Home Entertainment Projector (1 Viewer)

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Since no one has mentioned it yet, how about the PLUS Piano? It's listed for the same price as the Sony, is DLP with a better contrast ratio, less screen door, and an RGBRGB color wheel to reduce the rainbow effect. Check out the link (Link Removed). Here are some pics of the Plus vs. the Sharp 9000 (http://www.mmjp.or.jp/ippinkan/xv_z9000/newpage9000.htm). I don't think I'll buy one (I think I'll stick with my CRT "beast" for the time being) but if I was going to spend 3K this projector would be on my short list.
------------------
"Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde

J

John Morris

oh my goodness... where do I puke? All these front profectors look bad to me comparable to other systems. I've gotta believe that it really takes $5K to approach a decent rear projection system.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Huey

Agent
Sean M, the Piano is a better deal than the Cineza. The only weakness I see is SVGA and 450 lumens. Being DLP it's gonna blow the socks of the Cineza in contrast and blacks. Colors should be equal.
TimG, the reason people want a Panamorph, Isco, or other anamorphic lenses is because it allows the DVD player to show image as 4:3 using the ENTIRE XGA panel giving more brightness and more resolution. The image however will appeared vertically stretched, the lens will then optically vertically squish (Panamorph) or horizontally stretch (Isco or Prismasonic--new $450 anamorphic lens from Finland: www.prismasonic.com ) image back to perfection. The new image will be brighter, sharper (if optics are perfect), and less pixelation. There is some barrel distortion or vignetting at edges but it's minimal and can be hidden with proper black masking.
John Morris, I respect your preference to RPTV but there is no need to puke. FPTV is preferable for many due to size (try to find an affordable RPTV over 65" diagonal). FPTV can easily produce 100" or more diagonal (mine is at 120") which make it seems alot more like the REAL theater. My LT150 cost me 2300 and the screen was $20 homemade blackout white fabric. Try to find RPTV for this price. I also disagree on you comment about image being better on RPTV. While RPTV is brighter allowing easier viewing in daytime, nighttime movies are definitely better with FPTV due to sheer size and widescreen experience. Plus FPTV is so portable (LT150 is 3.3# and 6"X8", laptop is 5#, screen is 10# rolled up) that you can move it anywhere even outside. So if you do have to puke, do it in your own house, quietly and not on a public forum.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
This Sony does have a few features that make it interesting, at least IMHO - the extreme key stone adjustment feature so you can place this off to the side rather than in front of the viewers, and I also hear it is extremly quiet.
For casual viewing - as casual as FPTV gets - these both seem like useful things to have.
Doesn't hurt that it is easy on the eyes either.
------------------
/Kimmo

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
I've gotta believe that it really takes $5K to approach a decent rear projection system.
Here's a screenshot from a FP you can find for around $2500
AP2.jpg

------------------
The things we own, end up owning us

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks