What's new

Sony 50 inch LCD or Samsung 50 DLP (1 Viewer)

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
No I've not seen it. But I don't see how it could be brighter though. Darker BLACKS I could see. Although I'm more than satisfied with the depth of shadows on anything that I've watched. Like most everyone says, "Compare them yourself and then decide"

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Samsung seems to mass produce so it concerns me with how can they focus on quality and quantity.
Wait... Samsung mass produces but Sony doesn't?

I guess I never seen any Samsung Receivers, Digi-Cams, Car audio decks, speaker's, amp's, PC's, home stereo speaker's, telephones, etc, etc. like I do Sony. But I guess they must be all over where you live?

Worried about Samsung's mass producing and not Sony. I haven't laughed that hard in a while :)

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, ok yeah I too laughed at my ownself for saying that.

I went to Ultimate Electronics, Best Buy and even Circuit City today to give the Samsung one last chance. My main concern on the Samsung was the minor, minor sound delay only picked up by looking at someone's lips. Well, after going to all 3 of those stores, it seems Samsung is not the only TV with that problem. I think when it comes to TV's with this much definition you can expect a delay. I'm not talking about something that is very noticeable, but if you're picky like me you can tell at times it's not on track. Now get this, I did a test on my dad's non HDTV 50 inch non widescreen TV and saw the same delay. Like someone stated on another board, "Perhaps we're noticing it better with these high rez TV's" perhaps...but I wanted to be comforted by seeing for myself Samsung was not the only person with this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks